shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Jeweler Recommendation

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
I need a jeweler to custom make a ring for me. I have a beautiful 9.85mm Asher Amethyst that I bought for my youngest sister's birthday. I want an unusual setting. Not something you could find in a traditional store. Who would you recommend?

Thanks in advance :angel:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
S

SparkliesLuver

What type of metal are you wanting?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1486045015|4123237 said:
elle_71125|1486044538|4123235 said:
Yvonne Raley of Cecile Raley Designs - https://www.etsy.com/shop/yvonneraley
I don't know whether Yvonne will create a setting if you don't buy a stone from her store. I do know that she won't set outside stones.

Chrono, I believe you are correct that in general Yvonne won't set outside stones due to insurance/liability concerns.
However, it may be worth asking her as she states on her blog that she can make a setting and ship it to you to set your stone in it locally.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
You might also check out Hunt Country Jewelers -they make some interesting and unusual settings

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone. I will check them out.

I'm torn between rose and white gold for the setting Sparklies. Probably going to go with the rose.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I really enjoyed working with Sally. She created a moonstone ring for me, and it was a great experience. Her work is hang forged. She is located Thailand, so you would have to ship the stone to her.

I've also worked with David Klass, and he is great too. He made a CAD-cast ring for me, but he may also do hang forged.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Pregcurious. I'm not sure who Sally is. Is she at Heart?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1486083136|4123525 said:
I really enjoyed working with Sally. She created a moonstone ring for me, and it was a great experience. Her work is hang forged. She is located Thailand, so you would have to ship the stone to her.

I've also worked with David Klass, and he is great too. He made a CAD-cast ring for me, but he may also do hang forged.

I believe she recently moved to France, actually, which would make the process of sending things to her much easier! :wavey:

S

SparkliesLuver

ElizabethR said:
I'm torn between rose and white gold for the setting Sparklies. Probably going to go with the rose.

Ah, okay. I was going to recommend someone if you wanted sterling or unplated white gold. Best of luck! :) Come back with pictures when it's finished, please.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks guys, I really didn't want to work with anyone outside the U S. My experience of returning a stone overseas put me off forever. I'm happy to say I've asked David Klass to make the ring for me. So many here have had great experiences with him and I couldn't pass-up the chance to have him create this ring. I will post pictures as soon as I have them. So excited :appl:

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
This is David's beautiful original design with my stone in it. I've asked him to make small changes: double prongs, and hearts instead of curls on the sides. I'll post the new ring when he sends it. Do you have any suggestions on any part of this? I'm clueless. The stone is an Amethyst.

img_14940.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I always have trouble with David's CADs, too- but generally trust he has a good eye. I'm not sure how the hearts quite work and I actually liked the curls better. What is the 2 tone combo you're using? And are you engraving the shank? I'm interested in seeing how this turns out as I have a light amethyst with almost the exact dimensions of yours and I thought of doing a very similar style ring with an engraved shank.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Hi Pinkjewel, I actually love the little hearts. I never liked the curls. I'm not sure why it states two-tone because this ring is going to be done in rose gold. I did not ask for engraving on the shank so it's going to be a nice polish.. I can't wait to see it either. :appl:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElizabethR|1487309377|4130053 said:
Hi Pinkjewel, I actually love the little hearts. I never liked the curls. I'm not sure why it states two-tone because this ring is going to be done in rose gold. I did not ask for engraving on the shank so it's going to be a nice polish.. I can't wait to see it either. :appl:

David tends to use two tone in the cads so that we have an easier time understanding them (I asked him that exact question on my last cad). Sometimes he does it to note sections he is going to do by hand too.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
elle_71125|1487338024|4130091 said:

David tends to use two tone in the cads so that we have an easier time understanding them (I asked him that exact question on my last cad). Sometimes he does it to note sections he is going to do by hand too.
thanks for the explanation!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

I actually love hearts, too- I have them on a couple of my ring galleries. I just couldn't quite figure out how they are sitting in this CAD- they looked kind of stuck on. But I'm sure the won't look like that in person =)

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Re: Need Jeweler Recommendation FINISHED RING!

I'm SO excited to share David's final photos of the gorgeous ring he made for me. Whoo-hoo, it'll be in my hands in a couple of days

img_15497.jpg

img_15498.jpg

img_15499.jpg

TheElms

Shiny_Rock
Wowee! That is stunning. I think you said in the beginning that it was a present for your little sister, if so, she is one lucky little sister! I love the double claw prongs -- they look great!

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks TheElms, yes it's for the baby of the family. The eight prongs represent her sisters and brothers and the two hearts are Mum and Dad. I'm SO excited to give it to her. She has such a big, giving, caring heart and we all adore her. But I will tell her if she doesn't like it I'm ok with getting her something else and I'll keep this beauty for myself :love: :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh. That's gorgeous. I love all of the symbolism you put into it. What a great gift that will be! :love:

meladori

Rough_Rock
That's beautiful! I love how the rose gold sets off the gem. :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning outcome! It's truly an amazing piece.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Elle, and thanks for the nod in David's direction. :appl:

Meladori, I agree. After I ordered the rose gold I worried I'd made a bad choice. I LOVE how it sets off the gem. :love:

Thanks Acinom. I can't put words to how happy I am with the outcome. :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results