shape
carat
color
clarity

Need input on Pearl birthday gift idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I have this idea and would like some input -
in other words, am I crazy, is this stupid ??

My best friends birthday is coming up. I''m thinking maybe arrange in advance with Pure Pearls
to have a display of all kinds of pearls at a certain price set, say not over $350.00, and allow my friend
to pick what she wants. First, don''t even know if Pure Pearls could do that (PP and myself in Houston)
and I''m a little worried best friend might "look down" on freshwater pearls because she has a strand of
Mikimotos. I''ve given her a Tin Cup freshwater pearl necklace in the past and never really knew how she felt about it.

"I" like my idea, but just not sure. I''d love for her to find a multi colored necklace, I think she''d like that. But don''t know how she feels
about pearls that are not Mikimotos.
Thoughts?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Bebe, that is the sweetest idea; if a friend did that for me I would be over the moon! I think that is a lovely idea!!

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
Bebe, my birthday is in November...
36.gif

Seriously, this is a wonderful gift idea! Skippy phrased it best in that I too would be "over the moon" if someone went to the time and trouble to give me a gift!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 4:52:57 PM
Author: jmtomaui
Bebe, my birthday is in November...
36.gif

Seriously, this is a wonderful gift idea! Skippy phrased it best in that I too would be ''over the moon'' if someone went to the time and trouble to give me a gift!
Exactly! I would consider it a very heartfelt gift.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
That is one of the best gift ideas I have ever heard! Better than being a kid in a candy store. I certainly wouldn''t be complaining that they were not Mikimotos.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 6:13:00 PM
Author: summertime
That is one of the best gift ideas I have ever heard! Better than being a kid in a candy store. I certainly wouldn''t be complaining that they were not Mikimotos.
ditto!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Although this sounds like a great idea for all of us pearl lovers, it may not be for your friend. If you''ve given a pearl gift before and don''t know how she feels about it and she hasn''t worn it when the two of you are together, I''m not sure I''d give her pearls again. She may be someone for whom labels such as Mikimoto are important or pearls are not a big part of her fashion wardrobe. If, however, she''s given you some indication that she''d be interested in doing something like a "pick your pearls" excursion, then go for it.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 8:42:38 PM
Author: rainwood
Although this sounds like a great idea for all of us pearl lovers, it may not be for your friend. If you''ve given a pearl gift before and don''t know how she feels about it and she hasn''t worn it when the two of you are together, I''m not sure I''d give her pearls again. She may be someone for whom labels such as Mikimoto are important or pearls are not a big part of her fashion wardrobe. If, however, she''s given you some indication that she''d be interested in doing something like a ''pick your pearls'' excursion, then go for it.
I know she loves pearls, but rainwood hit the nail on the head. I''m a wee bit concerned about the "label" issue. She loves beautiful jewelry, but isn''t into
the specs and cuts like we PS''ers are!

gotta think about this some more, I guess.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think that is a really sweet idea! She might be into labels and specs...but this could also be an excellent opportunity to show her how beautiful freshwater pearls can be regardless of brand. I tend of go for brands that are ''trusted'' until I know any better. Perhaps you could check out their inventory and see if you think its top notch yourself; I am sure you have excellent tastes judging by your avatar!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very thoughtful! Can you have a benign conversation about jewellery and somehow weave pearls into it to get a feel of what she thinks?

cheers--Sharon

bebe

Ideal_Rock
szh07 and Sharon, we talk about jewelry all the time. I called her as soon as I left ERD''s office when I bought the diamond in my
ring
<----- that one

anyway, szh07, like you said, I "kinda" wanted the chance to show her there is more out there besides just the labels ;-)
Seriously, I can''t think of anything else to do for her, so this idea might just be it, along with lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results