shape
carat
color
clarity

Need input on Cad's please

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ps! I have never posted CAD's during a project but my buddy Niel via email said do it! Lol. Here I am. I will show you inspiration though I wanted Max of 20 mm so we shortened and scalloped rather pointed. The center is a 4.4x10 mq diamond. The inner halo will be square sapphires though they show as round on cad, visualize them square instead. The outer curvy halo will be diamonds. Input please if you can? It's my first DK project and he is lovely to work with.

_35470.jpg

_35471.jpg

_35473.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first question would be if you like the tips the oval shape or you want at least some point to them

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, DK knows I'm trying to stay at 20mm but I think I need still a tiny point at each end (bc of the shape of the mq and shape of inner halo)?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On your inspiration ring, the outer ruffly halo has three long-ish open-space curves along each side with a pronounced open-space pearish-curve at either end. The CADs are showing 5 much smaller, half-circles on each side with almost the same size half-circle at each end... is this your preference?

I also really like the curve-under of the undercarriage on your inspiration ring -- it is hard to tell from the CAD whether DK's version will curve under similarly - do you know/care about this aspect?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1449272044|3957617 said:
On your inspiration ring, the outer ruffly halo has three long-ish open-space curves along each side with a pronounced open-space pearish-curve at either end. The CADs are showing 5 much smaller, half-circles on each side with almost the same size half-circle at each end... is this your preference?

I also really like the curve-under of the undercarriage on your inspiration ring -- it is hard to tell from the CAD whether DK's version will curve under similarly - do you know/care about this aspect?

The gaps are uniform in this version as to keep the length under 20mm. So that's bits intentional.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you m- all good points!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I think I prefer less. actually .
Not sure about the undercarriage question.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I like the CAD better than the original. I prefer the rounded ends.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
artdecolover71|1449272965|3957632 said:
Yes I think I prefer less. actually .
Not sure about the undercarriage question.

Okay, I did a quick Paint thing, and the arrow is pointing to the curved undercarriage (sorry: not sure it is the correct term but the only phrase that comes to mind) - curved, I think it looks graceful and also likely comfortable on the finger - if it was squared-off, I think it would maybe look a bit more bulky and maybe less comfortable(?), comparatively.

dk_cad_-_edited_2_-__35473.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the CADs, his under-gallery seems to follow the curved shape of the scallops.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Looks nice! I think I prefer the cad more than the original ring. I like the softer edges too. :wavey:

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. DK is so nice to work with. Any other suggestions or tweaks?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks marym- the funny thing is this looks flatter to me and DK cad appears more rounded, no?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the scallop of the original ring with less connections but pulled in at the N/S ends (still like it slightly pointed though).
I think the longer scalloped halo (with less connections) is what makes the ring look so unique and I would want to capture that.

Edit - I think the CAD with more connections is also going to be lovely. Just maybe not as unique in my mind which is ok too.

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Yes, I also prefer less connections but I need less space at the tips bc the inspiration is a bit too long. But I emailed DK to ask for some tiny type of point still - so we will see what he thinks! Keep any comments or suggestions coming, it's helpful to brainstorm/thanks!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Updated cads.

We already know
the gaps in the scallops
The bezel on the outside of the sapphires is too thick

We like the way the shank and basket is looking. I feel like her PS mom, as she's doesn't like to post i have to do it for her haha

30295.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I think this more captures the original feel (with those changes you mentioned Neil).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hopefully if cropped they show up better

picsart_12-08-05.jpg

picsart_2.jpg

picsart_3.jpg

picsart_4.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New cads already!

picsart_12-09-04.jpg

picsart_5.jpg

picsart_6.jpg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Those changes really bring the details from the inspiration ring to life. I love the scallops. How is it coming along?

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks- we Did one more cad and approved on Thursday night...since I didn't want an exact replica, we had to make some tweaks here and there, until I felt it was the one. DK has been great to work with! Niel has been holding my hand every step, so lucky to have her!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please correct me if I'm wrong, bit these are the approved cads

30295-2.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone could probably help.

The scallops will be, I believe, bright set pave. The bows will have only that one bezeled diamond, the rest will be metal.

Do you think the bows need an engraving of some kind?

Just millgrain on the edges?

Nothing at all?

What do you think?
Do post kd you have any opinions ::)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, yes, yes...I think you've got it! The proportions look great to me!

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! Needed my bigger bows :)
Please see my girl Niels questions on my bows, I pictured engraved but she pictured millegrain- might be one or a combo of both.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The final CADs look great! My vote is engraving with milgrain edges for the bows and ribbon shank!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1449946765|3960683 said:
The final CADs look great! My vote is engraving with milgrain edges for the bows and ribbon shank!

You don't think that a pattern in the bows will be too much going on?

I feel like edge engraving only will emphasize the shape of the bows without competing with the halos. I wonder if he could do the litter millgrian first then send pics, see if it needs more after that.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was worried about shiny metal being too modern looking. But it is hard to visualize since it will be sooooo much smaller than the pictures we are looking at. It would be intricate engraving for sure, but it would soften those areas. See what David thinks.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1449948703|3960699 said:
I was worried about shiny metal being too modern looking. But it is hard to visualize since it will be sooooo much smaller than the pictures we are looking at. It would be intricate engraving for sure, but it would soften those areas. See what David thinks.

Think matte finish could fix that?

Yeah dk needs to weigh in too. Also I think after seeing it cast might change things too

artdecolover71

Brilliant_Rock
Hi- DK had recommended engraving, but I can ask again. If any of you know my style, I actually engrave and millegrain anything not nailed down :dance: I prefer no high polish visible anywhere except the inside of the shank lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results