shape
carat
color
clarity

Need information please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hi!

Don''t know if it''s the correct forum but here is the question :

If you have a diamond band who rubs the metal of a 18k gold ring would it be dangerous for the diamond of the band or for the metal of the ring?

Excuse my bad english.... I have difficulties to compose my question. If you don''t understand don''t hesitate to ask. Sorry...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamonds will scratch the gold.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto, like a saw.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Dreamer. If the prongs of the band touch the 18k metal, the result will be?

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What''s the prongs of the band made of?

stci

Ideal_Rock
14 or 18 k gold.

I ask because I have a diamond ballerina ring. I use it as my engagement ring.

For now, I wear it with a 3mm 14k plain white gold band (cheapo and thin) and the band pass under the ballerina ring. I don''t like that.

I would like to have a diamond band but I''m afraid to scratch the diamond or the metal of my ring.

I don''t find solution...
14.gif

Could you help me?

stci

Ideal_Rock
Here is the profile of the ring.

tortellini.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a spacer is the solution. Wear a very thin gold band immediately beside the e-ring, and then the diamond band. This will keep the diamond bandfrom rubbing the e-ring and will also stop it from tucking under the e-ring and hiding from view.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Do you think my thin white gold band will do the job as a spacer even if it pass a little bit under my diamond ring?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my wife wears a 2mm Plat band b/t her rings.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results