shape
carat
color
clarity

Need info on DVatche wedding ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I’m new to posting on the forum, but I’ve been reading posts for a few days.

I’m looking to upgrade our wedding bands and my wife’s engagement ring.
See attached pic of ring set. However this wedding band is not on Dvatche’s website. I’ve only seen it on www.whiteflash.com.

I’m leaning towards purchasing a diamond from Superbcert or GOG and having them set the diamond. Basically do everything with one company.

The problem is since I’ve only seen this wedding ring on whiteflash’s website and the website does not mention what carat size x-prong e-ring it fits. I’ve emailed whiteflash & Dvatche with no response. I’m in the military overseas and it is hard for me to call back to the US.

So, I’m looking for a model number for the diamond channel set wedding ring that fits a 1 carat x prong e-ring from Dvatche. I basically want to be prepared with the setting info BEFORE I contact GOG or Superbcert.

Can anyone help me??

DOUG

dvatchex.jpg

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
It may be a custom setting that WF made to accompany the engagement ring. No matter, if it is or isn't, we recommend sending the picture to the the dealers you mentioned above and let them contact D.Vatche on your behalf because as dealers they are more likely to receive a timely response. Decide on the diamond you want first because the odds are that the setting can be made to fit the stone... Looks awesome by the way!

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Doug -

It looks like a knife-edge DVatche X-prong solitaire ring, and the matching wedding band would be the platinum X-prong pave band. You can tell it is the matching band because of the slight bend to accomodate the X-prong. Nice set!

I think SuperbCert is "wedded" to DVatche bands, so to speak, so they probably know the set that you are looking for if you decide on a diamond from them. The band is model 882 (SC product 994) on their website.

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
I'm going to email Superbcert & Goodoldgold. I was trying to gather up the info on my own, but looks like I'll have to send in a middle man to do the work for me.
2.gif

Talonnav

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 3/5/2003 12:17:54 AM canadianice wrote:

Doug -

It looks like a knife-edge DVatche X-prong solitaire ring, and the matching wedding band would be the platinum X-prong pave band. You can tell it is the matching band because of the slight bend to accomodate the X-prong. Nice set!
---------------

You know the closer I look at that pic.... that is the knife edge e-ring. Totally not what my wife wants. She wants the comfort fit x-prong e-ring. I think she sent that to me to show me in general what the rings look like. Any way, I'm looking for the model info on the matching channel set wedding ring not the pave wedding ring. She doesn't want that either.
rolleyes.gif

Doug

canadianice

Rough_Rock
Doug -
the only matching X-prong channel set band I could find was Whiteflash's model DV234, under their DVatche collection.

It is definitely the one in the photo you posted, because the channel set goes halfway around the band.

No mention of the ring size it fits though... good luck!

There were a few threads on DiamondTalk about this channel set band; search there, too...

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here's some great pictures of DV-234 - Vatche's matching channel set diamond band.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

GI_DV-234-f.jpg

Sierra Nevada

Rough_Rock
I wouldn't count Whiteflash out for your diamond. I think all three vendors have equally fabulous stones, and with such excellent cuts you can concentrate on perusing each vendor to find exactly the carat,color,clarity, plus the service and price you want.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to let you know that if you call GOG or Superbcert, they should both be able to order that ring from D Vatche. As a matter of fact,if I am not mistaken, that picture you posted is from GOG.
The x prong shown has the comfort fit shank, not the knife edge. I was planning on ordering the same exact set.
You can also contact D Vatche and ask them what the model number is.
As far as the rings fitting together, when you order the x prong for a one carat, let them know you need a wedding band "for a one carat x prong". That sounds obvious enough, but the same band also matches the Royal Crown. And it is not an even match. A one carat Royal Crown matches a .75 carat channel set wedding band.
One last note, have you tried Whiteflash? Their diamonds are amazing and they recently came out with "A New Line" of A Cut Above H&A diamonds. It's just a suggestion, but I personally believe you should not limit yourself to only two companies, only because they may not have the specs in a diamond that you are looking for.
Always keep your options open!
anyway, just my $.02
Good luck with everything and stay safe over there! God Bless America and those who fight to preserve it!
1.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results