shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Ideas on mid-flight proposal :-D :-D :-D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bools

Rough_Rock
I''m thiking of popping the question on an airplane trip we''ve got coming up in the coming weeks. I''m kinda flustered because I don''t really like public proposals, but at the same time want it to be very special and something she''ll remember forever (and tell our grandkids
9.gif
).

Any ideas on how to do it?

TIA

jpdoane

Rough_Rock
Interesting Idea, but I doubt *my* girlfriend would like it very much.
Especially if you don't like public proposals (what does she like?),
I'd try to find some other way to make it memorable.

On a plane, what do you do after you propose? You gotta just sit there
for another couple hours in the middle of a bunch of people you don't know.

Then again, I'm just a guy - What do you girls think?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, I'm rather shy, so a mid-flight proposal among ppl I don't know would be my idea of hell. *Then* I'd have all these strangers beaming at me for the rest of the flight. Arrrrggghhh!

OTOH, if you're shy but she loves attention, then knowing that you did something completely outside your comfort zone would add to the romance.

MichaelF

Rough_Rock
I have a buddy who was planning this, he's not back from his trip and I haven't heard through the grapevine if he went through with the mile high proposal... When she asked about him, I mentioned his plans to my g/f who has no idea D'Question is coming her way. It was cool, because she rambled off a few things...

1. She thinks that intimacy, privacy, and romance go together...
Scratch taking out full page ad in the Post, the big screen at the game, renting a billboard...
2. Said airplanes are are not all that romantic, sort of a bus in the air...
Scratch the mile high deal...
3. Thinks going to the bride-to-be's parents first makes the bride to be like "property"...
Scratch the visit to her mom...
4. Thinks taking a knee is romantic...
Good to go here...
5. Just mentioned, she misses getting dressed up on occassion...
(this was just today, seperate conversation)

I'm thinking a quiet little Inn... I know one not too far, near a high mountain meadow where we swung on the branches of an old oak tree on a fine autumn evening... Perhaps a white dinner jacket w/ black trousers... Nice meal... I love magic tricks and I think I found one that uses rings that will work to make her new ring come out of no where... Then take the knee and tell her how much I love her and ask her what she might be doing for the rest of my life... I read some good advice on this site, figure out how she would like to receive the proposal and plan accordingly... Of course you need to be sneaky, devious, and deliciously deceptive in manuvering the conversation...
2.gif

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I think my girlfriend would KILL me if I tried this. Somehow turbulence at 35,000 feet doesn't seem too romantic. Plus you are stuck with the same planeload of people for the rest of the flight. Not only is it public but you're trapped with your audience for awhile. You better make sure she's cool with a public proposal first.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Being proposed to on the plane wouldn't be my choice -- too confining in general, and cooped up with a lot of strangers. I'd rather have some space and privacy, or at least be surrounded by people I care about.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results