shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for a new band

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Finally decided that I *need* a new band. DH and I are going to NYC tom. I am thinking of just going to LCD but should there be another vendor that we should see? I also love BGD but DH wants to go in person. Should we also go to GOG or DBL?

What would you select in the $2000-3000 range? I like round stones and for the stones to look as big as possible in platinum setting. I am thinking that a five stone, shared prong ring might look the largest. But, open to any suggestions.

Maybe this: http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/wedding-and-anniversary-bands/eternity-bands/open-gallery-5-stone-18k-white-gold-5388w18

I really did not think we were going to get a new band and I thought he wanted to repurpose my old one and use the stones for a new one but so happy that we are going to get a new one. After 16 years and two kids later, it is time! I just wasn't expecting it and not prepared to pick something out ASAP.

Q

Queenie60

Check out ID Jewelry.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Queenie60|1455992848|3993347 said:
Check out ID Jewelry.

+ 1

Good luck with your search! Looking forward to seeing what you find! :appl:

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you! We are going into the city today and going to go there.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a new band to go with your engagement ring or is this a RHR? I second ID Jewelry for most bang for your buck. You also might
consider a 7 stone band for good size and good finger coverage.

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My first engagement ring has the same style as my wedding band. My 2nd was a halo with the same center stone. Now, I am combining the halo on the first engagement ring. I told DH if I do not like it, I would like a new setting. My center stone is a 1.1 and brilliant cut. I am ok with keeping the center stone, so maybe I need to see how it looks together and then decide what I want to do.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't wait to see if you bought anything today. :appl:

Staceyjan

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It was a great day and we had such a personalized experience and Jade helped us. It def was a worthwhile trip! But, I only bought gifts for the family and nothing for me. That is ok since I was able to look and still think about what I really want.

I bought 2 DDs .26 diamond studs. They are really cute and I could borrow them for my 2nd hole.

I bought my mom .31 G, SI1. studs for her second hole. We talked about jackets for them but they did not have them at that time in that small size but I am going to order them.

I bought DD DBTY .32. I, VS2, handmade bezel necklace. It is going to be shortened w a jump ring added.

Then, for DDs birthdays, I got them DBTY bracelets in .30. G, S1

The following is a pic of mom's earrings in 2nd hole and a pair that I almost bought ( .91 studs) for me but really want the 1.50 ones or a new band.

Wow...I think that covers it all. It is really incredible how much bang you get for your buck and the quality is great. I brought my loop with me and DH's more than perfect vision to inspect.

I also added a pic of the .91 studs w jackets but DH would have rather me get the bigger ones. I will def be back. I also LOVE their upgrade policy. As my girls get bigger we can trade up for bigger rocks!

Excuse the horrible pics - my Dh is not good at taking them and then I gave my phone to DD to play with, so I didn't take too many. I also did not want me in them, just my lobe. (I also reopened the 2nd hole, that is why the ear is red.) But, with that said, I am very impressed with the great prices and how accommodating they were. I would def recommend them and feel confident that anyone would find something in a certain price range to be extremely satisfied.

I only left with the earrings for DDs and once the other pieces arrive, I will post pics.

img_10853.jpg

img_10855.jpg

img_10854.jpg

img_10856.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results