shape
carat
color
clarity

Need ideas for a gift please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone...My DH and I have some dear friends who will celebrate 17 years of marriage this coming Saturday and I want to come up with something special and meaningful for them as a gift from us. I am tossing around the idea of something not too expensive but customized, like a basket with some fun, romantic items...but what would those items be? I know the husband loves his beer, jazz and of course, his wife. She is fun, is into sports like her hubby, she likes beer but is a cosmo gal and loves jazz as well. These two folks have not it easy over the years and I want this gift from us to be special for their achievement of 17 years of marriage despite those ups and downs they''ve had to face.
emlove.gif

I would appreciate any and all of your collectively creative ideas! I thank you in advance...
emrose.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deanna, can you find them a Radko ornament or two that will express their joint or individual interests, and then expand upon that within the basket?

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
What about those large copper/galvanized beverage buckets? You could use this as the basket perhaps?

The really large ones that you put ice in and then can put beer and or wine bottles in? Also they can be used for really large centerpieces?

I can't find any on sale and don't know what your price range is, but I think that would be something they both would like- some of them are quite stylish, but they are useful, which a man always appreciates.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 2:48:42 AM
Author: monarch64
Deanna, can you find them a Radko ornament or two that will express their joint or individual interests, and then expand upon that within the basket?
Thanks, monarch, for the Radko ornament idea...I hadn''t thought of something like that and it is something to consider...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 9:12:14 AM
Author: dtnyc
Here is one from Target-
Not too fancy, but it''s not expensive.
Actually, this is quite nice and would do the job. There is a World Market by me and there is a Target across the street from that so I plan to look into this. What about maybe a theme to the basket/tub idea? If its a basket, maybe a romantic theme with a jazz cd, some wine, two glasses and some cheese and crackers maybe? With the tub, how could I do it and it be fun and meaningful?

I feel like I am drawing a blank here...but I like the Target tub...Thanks...

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 10:05:54 AM
Author: DeannaBana

Date: 12/7/2006 9:12:14 AM
Author: dtnyc
Here is one from Target-
Not too fancy, but it''s not expensive.
Actually, this is quite nice and would do the job. There is a World Market by me and there is a Target across the street from that so I plan to look into this. What about maybe a theme to the basket/tub idea? If its a basket, maybe a romantic theme with a jazz cd, some wine, two glasses and some cheese and crackers maybe? With the tub, how could I do it and it be fun and meaningful?

I feel like I am drawing a blank here...but I like the Target tub...Thanks...
If you said he likes beer and she likes cosmos- I think that the tub comes w/ some beer glasses- buy some martini glasses and put them in there as well. Maybe put a 6 pack of a micro-brew in and maybe some of those cute martini mixers in w/ the colorful suger to rim the glasses- so then they could toast one another w/ a beverage they each enjoy. Maybe some cute coasters or cocktail napkins, a CD would be nice too. Maybe some candles?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results