shape
carat
color
clarity

need honest, reputable dealer in LA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diahunt

Rough_Rock
you guys seem to know your stuff.

Has anyone heard of libertydiamonds based in Irvine? They''re also known as West Coast Diamond Exchange. Need to know if they''re a reputable dealer w/ the right prices... I''ll be purchasing an engagement ring shortly and need couple of options to purchase from. I rather not purchase online because I don''t want to deal with paying the shipping costs if I''m not satisfied. Plus the setting I''m looking for might be a little picky. It would be a great help if any of you know any other dealers in LA I can go to.

Thanks for your help...

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I have lived in Orange County for seven years and I've never heard of them. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything.

In my experience, the small family jewelry stores around here are far more trustworthy than any place in the malls, but it tends to be like that everywhere.

diahunt

Rough_Rock
They are actually a family business, though I don't know the size, they seem to have a large inventory. The owner is David Lob and son Troy. They do have a small office in LA where they'll meet w/ you strictly by appointments. They were referred to findmyjeweler.com, which I also don't know how reputable they are.

Thanks again for your help..

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
A few of my friends have purchased their diamonds from Oscar's Design Jewelry in the International Diamond Center off of Hill Street in the downtown diamond district. It may be worth checking out as I've only heard good things about them. Although the diamond district is notorious for being a tricky place to shop, they seem to be an exception..

diahunt

Rough_Rock
Thanks, I have an appt at Oscar's tonight. We'll see how it is.
Thanks,

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
How did it go? I've never been to Oscar's so I'm curious.
4.gif

diahunt

Rough_Rock
Not very good. And not educational at all. He didn't seem to take me seriously for someone looking for an H&A stone. He wouldn't bring out the GIA cert until I asked for it. And when I asked for the loupe he kept forgetting it. I didn't even bother asking for a lamp or a white background to compare the color because it probably would have taken forever.
Also the quality of the diamonds he showed me wasn't as good as some I've seen elsewhere. I was looking E VS1 H&A. I could easily see blemishes and black carbon deposits with my naked eye.
I was looking for a 1.3C give or take .1C, but he kept pushing me to get over 1.5 giving me BS that 1.3 or 1.5 is not a 1.5 and that she and others will think she was not good enough to get a 1.5. and she'll appreciate it more if I get her a 1.5 and so on. He didn't seem to understand that I had budget in mind.
Sorry to get so long, but my point is I won't be getting my ring there.

Thanks for the suggestion though as my purpose was to comparison shop. I still need to do more searching though...

derekinla

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear that
sad.gif
Although I did alot of searching for high end diamond with different B&M's in Los Angeles, I ultimately purchased a great diamond online (saved on that 8.25% sales tax!). Definitely see as many loose diamonds as possible. Good luck!

Vynyaca

Rough_Rock
Hi Diahunt,
I spent over an hour at Diamond Source (www.diasource.com)on Sepulveda in West LA today. I worked with John who was very helpful, patient, and
understood exactly what I was looking for. They only carry Ideal and Premium
diamonds with GIA and AGS certs only ... and they do have several H&As. Good prices but sales tax is a pain in the butt. It's really nice
to seem them in person though.

Good luck!

diahunt

Rough_Rock
Thanks Vynyaca, but I actually ended up buying my diamond at Liberty. I met with Troy 3 times already and spent at least an hour each time. He was very patient and helpful in searching what I was looking for. Now I just have to pick a setting....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results