shape
carat
color
clarity

Need honest opinion on this diamond

bfilet

Rough_Rock
Hi all, can anyone give me their opinion on this diamond? I know, the price tag is a bit of a shocker however this will not be the price that I am paying as I will be getting a ~30% discount. I have put it into the HCA calculator and it comes out as 2.0 with Excellent Light Return which is probably the most important factor to my girlfriend. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

https://www.arthursjewelers.com/diamonds/2-51ct-e-si1-excellent-cut-round-diamond-AJ996324777598

RockBrat

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks like a good diamond for the price, if it looks good to you in person.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are the angles? I couldn't find the lab report.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So have you seen it in person? You'd need to be sure it is eyeclean from the top and sides. There are a lot of crystals. You're getting a price break because of the strong fluorescence which I happen to like, but you need to ask the jeweler to see the stone in sunlight to make sure it isn't hazy from the FL (most are not).

Gypsy: 34.5/41 (report right under the financing tab on the main page)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you seen it in person?

bfilet

Rough_Rock
I have yet to see it in person but plan on doing so in a couple of weeks. My girlfriend and I have been looking at rings at a few stores and I'll be honest, I have no idea what I'm doing and my knowledge at this point, comes only from reading online. Are there any particular things I should be looking for when I do see it in person? Thanks everyone!!

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
I assume they are going to have to call it in as it appears to be a virtual stone? Diamondseeker gave great advice. With the SI clarity and the strong fluorescence, I would be worried that it isn't eye clean and it could be overly blue/hazy. I just did a quick search on PS for 2.5 - 2.55ct in the same color and clarity and it comes up as the cheapest diamond for 3 pages of diamonds. You would want to view it in multiple lighting conditions to see if you are happy with it.

I believe you are trying to buy local. It is going to be a little challenging in your area (I believe you are in the Minneapolis area) as not many jewelers are going to have much on hand to show you in your size range and price range. You are going to have to find a trusted jeweler and have them bring in diamonds. They may be willing to bring in up to 3 for you to compare. I think you are going to have better luck finding a diamond on-line. You could maybe buy the setting locally if you would like, although I would still recommend buying that on-line as well. The PS community could help you!

Good luck with your search!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results