shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help With Whiteflash ACA

aca

Rough_Rock
Hi all--we need help choosing a Whiteflash ACA and are wondering what people's thoughts on this diamond are. It looks like there are crystals, feathers, and clouds. Will this be noticeable and would it be better to get a smaller diamond with better clarity? Thanks for any thoughts!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think its a beautiful stone and at a VS2 looks very eye-clean to me. I personally do not think you need to go smaller/higher clarity.

aca

Rough_Rock
@tyty333 Thanks so much! Between the one above and these 2 below, which would you think is the best option? Not particularly concerned about size. Just don't want to overpay, for example, for a 2 carat diamond when the color/clarity aren't going to be noticeable.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color is so subjective that I cant really answer that question for you.

I think* (but not totally sure) that they will be open on Monday. Request a video of all 3 stones together. If you dont
see a big color difference between them then I would go with the largest.

Post the video when you get it. You will probably get some other comments that may help you decide.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are all nice stones! You'll find people here who would choose each of those due to color preference.

I'd choose the G, but color is more important to me than size. The H is a good compromise, but I am not sure about the little crystals reflecting in the stone. I am sure it is eyeclean but I'd ask about that one. If size is your most important spec, then the I color is a nice size!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
G/H VS is my sweet spot. I love the specs on that G stone.. :love:

Bruin Bling

Rough_Rock
@aca - I believe we saw both the G and H at WF last week. If I recall correctly, the G color was a bit less noticeable than that on the H. Would imagine the color in the I would be more noticeable, but a video and picture from WF should help with that per @tyty333. Also there's a big difference in size between the G and I, so you'll have to figure out what's more important to you. (I'm still learning/figuring that out myself.) Good luck!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I believe this was the diamond that @MamaBee had. She would be the best person in the world to give you her thoughts on this diamond!

aca

Rough_Rock
@tyty333 thanks for the suggestion to ask for a video!
@Bruin Ring the color in the G and H look very similar to me too. My SA said the H is a "high" H and the G is accurate, so that's probably why it looks so similar.
@MamaBee It sounds like we're looking at your old stone; if you don't mind sharing - do you have any thoughts on it? Did the coloring bother you?

Below is the video WhiteFlash made and I would appreciate any thoughts you all or others may have! I can see the color difference between the I and G/H and it's noticeably larger, but I'm wondering if the color will bother me when it's not directly compared to another diamond. I guess we'll have to wait until our visit to see. But I definitely would appreciate thoughts - the 2.283 G stone appears whiter, clearer, and prettier to me in the video but it's hard to say.

When comparing all 3 together, I do notice that the G seems just a bit brighter. The faceting is also easier for me to discern (can see the arrows more easily).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@aca The diamond is very beautiful. I couldn’t see the color unless I tilted it a certain way next to my F color diamond. From the top it looked very white. The color showed up in photos only from the side. That was when I did videos next to what I thought was a G..GIA graded my other diamond to an F when it was submitted before the sale. I didn’t see the color in real life. My setting was also very open so you could see the color easily when comparing the two in photos only. It’s a big jump from F to I. You can’t go wrong with that diamond. It’s really gorgeous. Search for my photos. I named it Summer. If you get it please post photos. Good luck making your decision.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@aca I couldn’t see anything with the naked eye and believe me I looked!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is @MamaBee 's thread on the 2.78 I

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is @MamaBee 's thread on the 2.78 I

Thank you @tyty333! Summer was really great sparkly company last year! :kiss2:

aca

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for all the help, all! And thanks @MamaBee for your thoughts on Summer Flight :) We're going to make a trip to Whiteflash in a couple weeks so I'll update you all for sure!

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock

I could watch this video all day. There isn’t any in this bunch that isn’t beautiful in some way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results