shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with this Tiffany Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lzhu0129

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend is a tiffany fan, so I think I'd better get her a tiffany....

I have read a lot about diamonds here on PS and learned a lot. Now I need your help! The stone I have on hold doesn't seem to have the AGS0 or ideal spec, however, it still score HCA 1.1, which I think is good. They don't have it in store, so I didn't get a chance to look at it.

Price: $7000
Weight: 0.85 ct
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.2%
Table Size: 58%
Crown angle: 33.5deg
Pavilion angle: 41deg
Size: 6.15mm*6.21mm*3.72mm
Culet: none

Does this one sound like a good stone? I am a little bit worried about the big table size and small depth percentage. The 6.15mm*6.21mm also doesn't sound very good to me. Any thought is appreciated! Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 2:14:55 AM
Author:lzhu0129
Hi Everyone,

My girlfriend is a tiffany fan, so I think I''d better get her a tiffany....

I have read a lot about diamonds here on PS and learned a lot. Now I need your help! The stone I have on hold doesn''t seem to have the AGS0 or ideal spec, however, it still score HCA 1.1, which I think is good. They don''t have it in store, so I didn''t get a chance to look at it.

Price: $7000
Weight: 0.85 ct
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Color: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth: 60.2%
Table Size: 58%
Crown angle: 33.5deg
Pavilion angle: 41deg
Size: 6.15mm*6.21mm*3.72mm
Culet: none

Does this one sound like a good stone? I am a little bit worried about the big table size and small depth percentage. The 6.15mm*6.21mm also doesn''t sound very good to me. Any thought is appreciated! Thanks!
Welcome!

The table and depth are actually fine, the diamond looks promising. See what you think when they bring it in.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 4:32:15 AM
Author: Lorelei

Welcome!

The table and depth are actually fine, the diamond looks promising. See what you think when they bring it in.
I agree, it has potential.

lzhu0129

Rough_Rock
Thanks! We don't have Tiffany locally and I have to go to Chicago to check the ring out. So I think I will just buy it over the phone. That's why I am a little worried. If you both think this diamond is promising, I may just buy it and see what happens. Thanks a lot!

Date: 3/7/2009 7:57:26 AM
Author: Ellen

Welcome!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 12:06:20 PM
Author: lzhu0129
Thanks! We don''t have Tiffany locally and I have to go to Chicago to check the ring out. So I think I will just buy it over the phone. That''s why I am a little worried. If you both think this diamond is promising, I may just buy it and see what happens. Thanks a lot!

Date: 3/7/2009 7:57:26 AM

Welcome!

I don''t know how far Chicago is from you but personally I think if it is not to far I would go in - part of the magic of the little blue box is buying it in store -
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It does sound good. Best of luck with your purchase!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes sounds good to me. Let us know how it goes. If I were you, I would go to Chicago, but not sure how far that is for you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Thanks! We don''t have Tiffany locally and I have to go to Chicago to check the ring out. So I think I will just buy it over the phone. That''s why I am a little worried. If you both think this diamond is promising, I may just buy it and see what happens. Thanks a lot!
How far away are you? If it''s a reasonable drive, I think it might be good to go in person. All round diamonds are not created equal, and if you could compare this with some others in that size/price range, that''s always a good thing. Like we said, it has potential, that doesn''t automatically make it a winner.
2.gif

If you can''t, or don''t want to make the drive, just make sure you have it looked over by an independant appraiser.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2009 12:39:50 PM

How far away are you? If it''s a reasonable drive, I think it might be good to go in person. All round diamonds are not created equal, and if you could compare this with some others in that size/price range, that''s always a good thing. Like we said, it has potential, that doesn''t automatically make it a winner.
2.gif

If you can''t, or don''t want to make the drive, just make sure you have it looked over by an independant appraiser.
Yes indeed, it is really best to see it in person to decide, we are limited in what we can tell by numbers.

lzhu0129

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 2:44:32 PM
Date: 3/7/2009 12:39:50 PM

2.gif

Yes indeed, it is really best to see it in person to decide, we are limited in what we can tell by numbers.

I was there last weekend. My girlfriend doesn''t know what is going on. So bringing her to Tiffany is not an option. I am thinking of getting the ring first, and then propose :). And then take her to Tiffany to resize the ring, so she can compare the stone with the others at that time. If she like another stone, we can return that one and buy the new one I guess. That''s my plan.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well good luck then!

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2009 6:31:03 PM

I was there last weekend. My girlfriend doesn''t know what is going on. So bringing her to Tiffany is not an option. I am thinking of getting the ring first, and then propose :). And then take her to Tiffany to resize the ring, so she can compare the stone with the others at that time. If she like another stone, we can return that one and buy the new one I guess. That''s my plan.
Just check out before hand with Tiffany they''d be happy to let you do that - they might regard the ring as a custom order and non exchangeable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results