shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with this square H&A ideal radiant/ princess of hearts ASET

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a little treasure! How do you think you'll set it?

Im not sure at the moment. I want to maximise finger coverage (its around 6x6mm) but I dont want to bezel it or have a diamond halo either. I also want to emphasize the cut cornered square shape. I also might have a rose gold band but I'd prefer the mounting to be white gold. So theres quite a few criteria, some of which are probably conflicting :think:

Its for a RHR and I'd prefer it not look too much like an engagement ring. So probably not a total solitaire. I like art deco angular designs so might end up with a 3 or 5 stone with baguettes of some sort. But I am struggling to come up with something that ticks all my boxes.

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
oh those ideas sound lovely...I totally agree! And I've found bezel settings really cut down on the sparkle! Why hem a diamond in, is my theory!
I can't believe the fireball you have. I've never seen anything like it! Aren't you so glad you didn't listen to that jeweler!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im not sure at the moment. I want to maximise finger coverage (its around 6x6mm) but I dont want to bezel it or have a diamond halo either. I also want to emphasize the cut cornered square shape. I also might have a rose gold band but I'd prefer the mounting to be white gold. So theres quite a few criteria, some of which are probably conflicting :think:

Its for a RHR and I'd prefer it not look too much like an engagement ring. So probably not a total solitaire. I like art deco angular designs so might end up with a 3 or 5 stone with baguettes of some sort. But I am struggling to come up with something that ticks all my boxes.
I would consider an engraved metal halo/bezel. Ive seen DK and cvb make some incredible ones that don't feel overpowering or as though they diminish sparkle at all. I've also seen some by dk that keep the sides more open to let in more light.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't find the DK one I was thinking of, but these by cvb are close (although I'd want it to be open on the sides). I think this would emphasize the shape. Basically metal "halo" of engraving but open sides.

Screenshot_20190915-175027_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20190915-175112_Instagram.jpg

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a little treasure! How do you think you'll set it?

I'm not sure yet. I'm going to try it out in some different settings tomorrow to try and narrow it down.

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can't find the DK one I was thinking of, but these by cvb are close (although I'd want it to be open on the sides). I think this would emphasize the shape. Basically metal "halo" of engraving but open sides.

Screenshot_20190915-175027_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20190915-175112_Instagram.jpg

Thanks for these ideas. Im going to try it out in some semi-mounts tomorrow to get more of an idea what I think will work.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it might just the angles in my photography. I was paying more attention to trying to capture all the coloured fire than the pattern.

Here is the vendor's photo, - do you see symmetry issues in this one?

9219555.jpg
Beautiful!:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results