shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I have been searching for a diamond for an engagement ring. I have been reluctant to look at anything lower than a VS2 clarity but I found a diamond at Blue Nile that has everything else I am looking for except it is a SI1. This scares me! What do you think of it? How do I know if it will be eye clean without seeing it in person? I would appreciate any advice you have regarding this diamond.

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?__fun_frm=i&pid=LD00996294&filter_id=1

Thank you!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, you can ask BN if it''s eye clean, and check it out for yourself, returns should be very easy. It certainly is big.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, when you say "it certainly is big" are you talking about the diamond or the inclusion?

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to reply again, will Blue Nile be able to tell me if it is eye clean if I call them? I assumed I would just be talking to a customer service rep. if I called, I didn''t think she would be able to give me that kind of information. Is there someone special that I ask for?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
37.gif
I'm sorry, I meant the diamond!

Yeah, those reps are something, but they do have the capability of checking it out, and especially since this is one of their signature ideals.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call BN and find out. SI1 can be eye clean or can not. Totally depends on the stone. Ask them if it''s eye clean from 3-4 inches away. Eye clean-ness is usually measured around 10-12 inches from your eye.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the information, I will give them a call. Otherwise, how does the diamond look? Should I have any hesitations if they say it is eye clean? Also, is this a particularly good/bad spot for an inclusion (the main feather inclusion)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results