shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with square emerald cut....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KelFang

Rough_Rock
Hello! I''m looking at purchasing the following diamond & wanted to know if this is a good stone....it''s EGL certified - which concerns me a little after reading some of the posts on this board. Any input is appreciated!!

1.50 ct
Square Emerald
6.77 x 6.64 x 4.06
Total depth: 61.2%
Table width: 72%
Crown height: 11%
Pavillion depth: 48%
girdle thickness: thin, polished
polish: good to very good
symmetry: very good
cutlet: none
clarity: VS2
graining: Nil
Color: G
Fluorescence: Very slight Blue

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Aaaah! The cert is from Israel! Be VERY CAREFUL of the grades... Would you be happy with an I SI 1?? So, should you decide to purchase thisone, please bring it to an appraiser...
Do you want this stone to look like an Asscher? If so, well, it is quite far... You may want to look for 50-62% tables, 13-20% crowns and 42-51% pavilions all +/- 2%...
The numbers look quite good, except the table, which is pretty large...
Have you seen the stone in person??
1.gif

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much, Giangi for commenting on some good specs for Asscher like square emeralds. I have been wondering what a good depth is for this cut. I have read that Asschers have more depth than regular emeralds and how about a culet? Yes or no?

KelFang

Rough_Rock
Giangi,
I have not seen the stone in person...yet. I'll be receiving it on Wednesday & taking it to an independent appraiser then. Depending on how the stone looks & what the appraisal reveals, I may pass on this one. Thanks for the info...I really appreciate it!!

Kelly
4.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
ok... Let me know!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lanee...

Well, it depends... Some Asschers have a culet and some others no... Personally, I really like the look of a 'medium' culet... As per the depth.. Royal Asschers have usually 65%+++ depths and are deeper than a WELL cut emerald...

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I don't think it's desirable to try to match a square emerald's specs with a Royal Asschers. The look is just too different and I really can't see wanting an EC with the same depth as an Asscher.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Hest,

I know this sounds totally foolish but, I never considered the difference the extra facets make in terms of depth. I guess I'll have to just wait and see and same with culet. Thanks for planting the thought.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
A square emerald isn't even close to a Royal Asscher... Or at least in my opinion... I'm sure that a square em can be very nice and good looking, but it doesn't have the depth typical of Asschers...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results