shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with LOGR ring for mom

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I posted before that I am working on a ring for my mom with a LOGR setting as a christmas present. A picture of the setting I purchased is attached. I currently have LOGR holding it until I find a stone so I will know if I have to customize it to for the stone. I am hoping you all can help me find the right stone. I am looking to spend no more than $250 on the stone and the colors I am considering are green, yellow and purple. If I go with green, I''d like either a mint or a deep green and would probably lean towards a green tourmaline. If yellow, I prefer a faint yellow and have a chyrsoberyl that I am looking at. My only hesitation is that it is 6.8 mm and the LOGR setting is for an 8mm stone. I would love to avoid paying the custom charges if possible. For purple, I''d go with an amythest (I am not opposed to spinel, but most of the purple ones I have seen have a grey cast to them that I don''t care for). Most of all, I want a really well cut stone. Any suggestions?

logrmomring.jpg

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
try finewater gem's. look for the $100 green tourmaline.

linky

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
For LOGR settings, what I have learned is you probably want to look for something around .2 - .5 mm smaller than the stated size, and you''ll be able to set it easily. Every time I have had the exact size required, I''ve had to either skip the stone, or have some major rework done to the prongs to make it work.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far! I will take a look at everything and let you know what I decide. LTP - the suggestion on size is really helpful too!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may not be interested in a Pink stone....but Michael E just posted this 8mm round pink tourmaline beauty for $100 the other day! I see a few flashes of yellow! Gorgeous!!
30.gif

Michael E pink Tourmaline.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results