shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with graduated 5-stone diamond ring proportions. Please read :-)

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I am getting a suite of 5 diamonds for a graduated 5-stone ring. Here are the pictures of the inspiration ring. I love the proportions. The center stone is 0.93 ct, and the side stones are 1.23 ct.
2106.1.jpg 2074.4.jpg

Here are the 2 options I have. The center stone (0.95 ct) and larger pair are the same, the difference is the smaller end pair.

#1 Side stones totalling 1.45 ct.
IMG_20190102_191241_196.jpg

#2 Side stones are 1.25 ct.
IMG_20190102_191218_519.jpg

Thanks for reading. Please share your opinions and insights.

kal2021

Brilliant_Rock
#2. I prefer the more graduated look.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, unanimous verdict, lol.

#2 was my preference too, but my husband liked #1 more. So I thought I'd ask for some opinions here.

Thanks everyone!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s almost the exact size of my center stone in my graduated 5 stone. So I vote #2 too!

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I like no. 2, but I also like no. 1. Because bigger may not always be better, except when it comes to diamonds. :twisted2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like number 2. They seem to flow better than option 1.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the CAD for the ring :D. I asked for the shank to be more rounded and the top of all the stones to be even. Any other modification you would suggest, as far as looks and comfort? Thanks!
IMG_20190103_131619_189.jpg

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your overall design - simple/clean, wearable, lets the diamonds do their thing! But I think I’d reconsider the number of prongs on the second and end pairs of diamonds. It seems the CAD has all 5 diamonds with 8 prongs, and that might be a bit much. I think I’d maybe do 8 prongs for the middle, 6 for the second pair, then 4 prongs for the end pair ... otherwise, those end diamonds may be overwhelmed by the metal. That’s just my opinion/preference, and my ideas/opinions are not always in line with the majority, so see what others think/say about that.

What type of prongs will you have? Traditional ‘dot’ style, claw prongs, etc.?

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I like your overall design - simple/clean, wearable, lets the diamonds do their thing! But I think I’d reconsider the number of prongs on the second and end pairs of diamonds. It seems the CAD has all 5 diamonds with 8 prongs, and that might be a bit much. I think I’d maybe do 8 prongs for the middle, 6 for the second pair, then 4 prongs for the end pair ... otherwise, those end diamonds may be overwhelmed by the metal. That’s just my opinion/preference, and my ideas/opinions are not always in line with the majority, so see what others think/say about that.

What type of prongs will you have? Traditional ‘dot’ style, claw prongs, etc.?

I asked for claw prongs.

I'm so glad you mentioned the # of prongs. I was actually considering fewer prongs on the smaller diamonds, but didn't know if it was weird not to have the same # of prongs, lol.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportions of the suite you chose, perfect! If it's any help I have a 5 stone, and each diamond is held with 6 prongs, just as another idea. Branch 1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results