shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with finding a pearl clasp for multicolored Tahitians

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all,

I amateurishly strung together some pearls on elastic for easy wear, but would like to redo on silk if I can find a nice clasp.

Where to look?

A simple search on eBay/Etsy for 14k, 18k, or platinum clasp did not yield much (most clasps for sale look cheap and come with a strand of equally inferior quality pearls/beads that I wouldn’t want to wear, and the few nice high carat/bejeweled clasps come already attached to an equally lavish strand and thus are priced accordingly/expensively for the whole piece, whereas I just want the clasp itself.)

I love the look of the clasp that Kamoka Pearls use on their strands:
71FFF398-3E38-4A5A-8E94-6A73CDAC5D7E.jpeg

Here’s mine:

AF641C2D-E07A-4614-8EC6-579EDFA6E843.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember you getting these pearls ::)

That’s Stuller! Available to vendors. Certainly @molinePDG or Pearl Paradise could source it and figure the stringing out as well, if you’re like me and that’s not something you enjoy doing yourself ::)

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pinkmartini87 - unrelated but sent you an email ::) Not sure if you check your LT email acct so just a heads up here :))

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@MollyMalone Great, thank you so much for sharing, I see already a flower clasp on the website that I really like!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Pinkmartini87 - unrelated but sent you an email ::) Not sure if you check your LT email acct so just a heads up here :))

@yssie Thanks for the heads up! Nope, I don’t usually check so appreciate your letting me know; I’ll go look now!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Another place to look is Rio Grande - they have a large selection. As for thread, you can always use Beaders Secret which won't stretch like silk. Try learning to knot... it's not that hard... just takes a bit of practice. Good time to learn if you're stuck at home !

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@katbran thanks for sharing your tips, I appreciate it very much! I’ll go take a look now.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know if you're in a hurry, but I would look again on eBay. I thought of it because I have a strand of shell pearls (purchased ages ago, before I started buying the real thing), but the ball clasp is 14K. (Now I'm trying to think of something to make with it.) Lots of people buy vintage jewelry with the plan to disassemble and use the findings.

As Katbran mentioned, now that I'm home, I've started stringing some items. I re-strung two broken bracelets yesterday. (Note to self: no more working with seed pearls.) Today, it's a necklace that's always been in the back of my mind to re-do.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@ennui Thanks! Hope your stringing projects go well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results