shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with figuring out what setting to get??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mtbiker78

Rough_Rock
How do i learn more about settings? What is a traditional setting? What settings are "in style" right now? Do all settings work with all diamonds? Are there certain settings i should stay away from?

As of right now i''m most likely going to go with a HOF Dream Cut (closest i can find to cushion cut) diamond, 1.5-1.8 ct, with 18k white gold ring. This is a complete surprise to my GF and we have never talked about settings, only that she really likes cushion cut.

Any advice will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!!!

niku414

Rough_Rock
Well, depending on how picky your gf is... if you are really unsure on her preferences in setting -- you can get a cheap setting and then tell her she can pick out another setting after the proposal :) OR take it to a jeweler who is flexible and let you change the setting later on if your gf decides she doesn''t like it. I went to Oscar Design Jewelery here in Los Angeles and he is absolutely the nicest /patient man to work with. He told me if I ever change my mind in the future, I can just take it back to him and he will exchange it for something I like.

mtbiker78

Rough_Rock
I need more help!! where can i find information on settings?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

Unearthed

Shiny_Rock
Go on Blue Nile and choose create a ring. Pick cushion and then select one and select add it to ring. Then you can look at settings with cushions set in them.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
If you are getting a HOF diamond, why not look at their settings? They have some beautiful ones
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results