shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Estee Lauder brow pencil, discontinued

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
They have discontinued my brow pencil. Not just my color, but the whole line that was that soft material. :cry2: Does anyone know of another line that has a soft brow pencil? I am so mad..... I have tried other pencils, it looks like clown make up on me. :(sad

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Monarch! And yes, hopefully she will chime in.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Benefit Goof proof brow pencil. It might be what you are looking for. It is not a 'pencil', in that it is not surrounded by wood, but is a twist up but it is soft and has a brush on the other end. I think it looks very natural.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chanel have a soft brow pencil very similar. I’ve used it for donkey’s years.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't live without my Diorshow brow pencil. It looks natural and is very easy to apply.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m Asian and use there Aupres brow pencils because they have a shade that’s not cartoony black but still dark enough.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
They have discontinued my brow pencil. Not just my color, but the whole line that was that soft material. :cry2: Does anyone know of another line that has a soft brow pencil? I am so mad..... I have tried other pencils, it looks like clown make up on me. :(sad
Oh no, I use this one too & as soon as I saw this post I went into denial and saw that it was sold out everywhere (at least I have one full refill left). :cry2: Why is it when there's a good product it gets discontinued?!?!:angryfire:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys are the best! Thank you, thank you! I will look into all these. :appl: Luv, yours definitely sounds like mine, but a couple others do too.

Nikki, I found mine still on line at this store, at a reasonable price (I think Amazon had mine for 75.00, yeah right). Ordered two to get me through til I find something comparable. Hopefully they have yours too. I totally feel your pain. I can't believe this pencil was not selling well, but, what do I know?!
https://www.boscovs.com/search/go?w=estee+lauder+dual+brow+pencil&x=7&y=11

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are the best! Thank you, thank you! I will look into all these. :appl: Luv, yours definitely sounds like mine, but a couple others do too.

Nikki, I found mine still on line at this store, at a reasonable price (I think Amazon had mine for 75.00, yeah right). Ordered two to get me through til I find something comparable. Hopefully they have yours too. I totally feel your pain. I can't believe this pencil was not selling well, but, what do I know?!
https://www.boscovs.com/search/go?w=estee+lauder+dual+brow+pencil&x=7&y=11
Thank you, I'll most likely order one and try to find some at Nordstromrack as well. I have blood red hair and I use the dark brown one to darken the bright red one that I use. And when I had blonde and silvery blue hair I would use the pencil. One refill lasts me almost a year.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Revlon also have a very soft twist-up waxy crayon which works well for a natural look.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry I was so late! They still make other pencils, and I'd be curious if there's one that's a newer release that's similar?

I am a redhead and it's really hard to find shades that aren't stark red, and look more natural. So far I've been alternating the IT Cosmetics super skinny in auburn, with the NYX Precision Brow Pencil in I think Soft Brown, bec it's not super stark.

A few others I've liked that are softer:

Lancome:
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/lancom...b=Home/Beauty/Makeup/Eyebrows&color=auburn 06

MAC:
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/mac-br...dcrumb=Home/Beauty/Makeup/Eyebrows&color=brun

Anastasia:
https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/anasta...crumb=Home/Beauty/Makeup/Eyebrows&color=ebony

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ame, thanks for chiming in and giving me more options! I spoke with an EL consultant who said no, all the pencils they are offering now are not like the one they discontinued. :devil:

Reactions: ame

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered going on Ebay and looking for this item?
You may be able to score several unopened pencils in your color.
Just a thought!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you considered going on Ebay and looking for this item?
You may be able to score several unopened pencils in your color.
Just a thought!
Thanks stracci. I did, but they were more than the other place I found them. :wink2:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey ame, thanks for chiming in and giving me more options! I spoke with an EL consultant who said no, all the pencils they are offering now are not like the one they discontinued. :devil:
damn

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
arkieb, thank you for your info. However, because of Thyroid issues, my brows are way thinner than the average person. I have tried powders, they simply can't do the job and look realistic. I have two friends who will absolutely tell me the truth on anything, and they have both remarked how my brows look real (and perfect), and they know they're not. But that's why I need the soft pencil, the powders and hard pencils just don't work for me! But thanks again. :))

Reactions: ame

FinleysMom

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Merle Norman....give her a shot!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb, thank you for your info. However, because of Thyroid issues, my brows are way thinner than the average person. I have tried powders, they simply can't do the job and look realistic. I have two friends who will absolutely tell me the truth on anything, and they have both remarked how my brows look real (and perfect), and they know they're not. But that's why I need the soft pencil, the powders and hard pencils just don't work for me! But thanks again. :))

There are professional quality powers theatre makeup, film and TV makeup that would probably last and still do the job but if you have a pencil you are happy with that is all that matters!!! Another option might be cosmetic tattoos but you would need to choose a really good place (some do a terrible job) to make that a viable option.

Q

Queenie60

Thank you Miss! Interesting.

And thanks HP!

Seems I should be able to find a substitute within all these suggestions.
Ellen: Have you tried revitabrow? It's pricey however, your brows will grow with daily use of this product. I use it as my brows never grew back the same after Chemo therapy. Great product that really works.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
There are professional quality powers theatre makeup, film and TV makeup that would probably last and still do the job but if you have a pencil you are happy with that is all that matters!!! Another option might be cosmetic tattoos but you would need to choose a really good place (some do a terrible job) to make that a viable option.
Yeah, I considered that, for about a minute. But the thought of aging and skin moving/wrinkling, plus the color not going with whatever my hair ended up being, made me quickly discard that idea. I think (hope) my pencils will keep me happy. But thanks for your thoughts arkie!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ellen: Have you tried revitabrow? It's pricey however, your brows will grow with daily use of this product. I use it as my brows never grew back the same after Chemo therapy. Great product that really works.
So it has really made your eyebrows grow back? I have not heard of it, but will definitely look into it, thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ellen what has helped my eyebrow grow (somewhat) back is Bimatoprost. It's by RX and is the generic for Latisse. I apply it every other day to my left eyebrow and I have stopped (may that long continue please) losing all my eyebrow and some has grown back. It is not as full as the right one but it is acceptable vs what it was before. I cannot sadly wear eyebrow pencil or powder because everything irritates my skin. Any makeup at all but the Bimatorpost has made a huge difference. Sharing it with you just in case it can help you too.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Latisse is the only one that did anything for me. As you know, I was born without a thyroid and what little hair I did have there I yanked out in my youth. BUT I have grown most of that back and have reasonably decent brows now bec I've been using Latisse for like 10 years now. I started with daily use for the first, i dunno, year, and now it's like 3-4x a week.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Latisse is the only one that did anything for me. As you know, I was born without a thyroid and what little hair I did have there I yanked out in my youth. BUT I have grown most of that back and have reasonably decent brows now bec I've been using Latisse for like 10 years now. I started with daily use for the first, i dunno, year, and now it's like 3-4x a week.

Glad it is working for you too @ame.
I am impressed with how it works and glad I asked my dermatologist to prescribe it.
I have also been applying it to my lashes and wow they are super long and thick (for me) and I don't even need mascara IMO. I started every day too and now I am at every other day.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine are long but sadly not really that thick or dark. But boy when I put on mascara, hubba hubba zing zing!

I can buy it directly in the office for my derm. Thankfully.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, but between not really wanting more chemicals in my life, and the prices, I think I will pass. I'm glad you all have had good luck with these products though!
Uhhuh.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results