shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with E-Ring Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VITA930

Rough_Rock
I am getting my e-ring very soon and have a question about insurance. Where do you get it and how much will it cost a year??? My ring is appraised at $22,000.

Thank you all in advance.

Odinsmom

Rough_Rock
I just insured my ring for 22k in Ohio with Chubb for $297 per year.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Rates vary depending on the agency and where you live. Be sure to insure it for ACTUAL replacement cost, not an inflated appraisel value, as the rates will be based on the $$value being insured. Thus, if you paid $14000 and the appraisal is $22000, you or they should be able to replace it for around $14000, so base your premium on that or just higher thatn that for a protection buffer, not on the $22000.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I insured my ring through Jeweler's mutual. The appraisal value is 21K and I pay about $260 per year. You can find out exactly how much it will cost you at www.jewelersmutual.com

VITA930

Rough_Rock
Thank you all.

HWin

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/2/2004 3:08:40 PM Demelza wrote:

I insured my ring through Jeweler's mutual. The appraisal value is 21K and I pay about $260 per year. You can find out exactly how much it will cost you at www.jewelersmutual.com----------------

Do they offer a cash settlement or just replacement? The prices seems pretty reasonable, but I've never really heard of them before. Does anyone else have experience with this company?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results