shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with diamond fitting a crown

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wildcatmccane

Rough_Rock
First, thank you for the help and attention.

I purchased a diamond and have a way to get a phenomenal deal on a ring. The problem is I have to purchase the ring with the correct setting. The diamond is a round .87 (http://www.bluenile.com/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-e-color-si1-clarity_LD01609144). The rings I can purchase (solitaire 6 prong) are listed in the style as fitting 3/4 or 1 carat.

After asking, I found the 3/4 goes up to .80 and the 1 carat fits starting at .90.

The diamond perfectly does not match the settings as you can see. However, I would like to ask diamond lovers here. With the specs of the diamond I have, is it possible to get one of these to work? Can a jeweler who is setting the diamond expand or contract a too small or too large setting.

Thank you. Hopefully I was clear. I am new to this all.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a picture of the setting? I think it depends a little on that.

wildcatmccane

Rough_Rock
I have the catalog it comes from, but do not have a scanner. Looks similar to a run of the mill light weight solitaire with a six prong....

(thanks for all your help, now and previously)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are welcome!

I think that you are safe with the one made for the .90 diamond. A .87ct diamond will be only a few hundreths of a mm smaller and so I cannot imaging them having trouble fitting it! It is best to ask the person who will be setting the diamond however.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 1:50:49 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
You are welcome!

I think that you are safe with the one made for the .90 diamond. A .87ct diamond will be only a few hundreths of a mm smaller and so I cannot imaging them having trouble fitting it! It is best to ask the person who will be setting the diamond however.
Yes, give a copy of the cert for the diamond to the person who will be setting it and ask them which one to order.
(bring the catalog)

wildcatmccane

Rough_Rock
Funny question, can the prongs be bent accordingly?

Also, I have two choices. A similar ring in 18k gold with a platinum setting for $340 with a free setting of the diamond. Or this ring in 14k gold all around for $130 plus whatever a local jeweler will charge to set the stone. Taking my personal money situation out of it, what would be the better choice?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results