shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with diamond decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ervet

Rough_Rock
I am shopping for an engagement ring and could use a little help. Could someone please let me know if this appears to be a good diamond. Also, can I be reasonably assured that this diamond will display an ''idea'' H&A pattern, or can that judgement only be determined in person? The cost is $2550. I know this isn''t the lowest price out there, however the 30-day return policy is important to me. Is this at least a fair price? With an SI1 rating and it''s size am I correct in assuming that none of the inclusions can be seen without magnification? Any input would be appreciated

Thank You

Item Number: Mondera 428357-745359
Shape: Round
Weight: 0.71 CARATS
Cut Grade: Ideal (H&A)
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: SI1

Laboratory: GIA
Measurements: 5.80-5.81x3.49mm
Depth: 60.1%
Table: 56%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly thick
Culet: NONE
Polish: EXCELLENT
Symmetry: VERY GOOD
Fluorescence: Faint

Saran Report:
Pavilian=40.8
Crown=34.6
Table=55.2
Depth=60.2
Culet=0.3

The Holloway Cut Adviser gave it a 1.1 rating and excellent in all 4 categories.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Is this at least a fair price?
-----------

It's better than "fair". If the grading is correct, it's an excellent price.

-----------
With an SI1 rating and it's size am I correct in assuming that none
of the inclusions can be seen without magnification?
-----------

Probably not. Who graded the stone? If it is GIA, AGS or HRD graded, then it's probably eye clean.

Be sure and buy the stone contingent upon it appraising out to your satisfaction with an independent appraiser, and you can't lose.

ervet

Rough_Rock
Richard,

Thank you for your input. What are your thoughts regarding the H&A pattern. Is there any way other than seeing the diamond in person to be assured that it will display an ideal H&A pattern?

ervet

Rough_Rock
Here is the GIA and Saran if it helps

Mails.jpg

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
>>Also, can I be reasonably assured that this diamond will display an 'idea' H&A pattern, or can that judgement only be determined in person?>>

Good question--I don't think there's a way to tell that without seeing it in person. If you have it appraised, the appraiser can probably show you the pattern and assess it for you. Or you wanna borrow my H&A viewer?
1.gif

>>With an SI1 rating and it's size am I correct in assuming that none of the inclusions can be seen without magnification?>>

Probably, but I have seen people on this board say that they can see inclusions in VS2 with their naked eye! It depends on how sharp your eyes are, the precise nature of the inclusions, and the viewing distance. (when I slam my eyeball up against my SI2, yes, I can see an inclusion!) With the return policy though, I would feel safe getting an SI1 personally.

Good luck and post pictures when you're all done!!
-Anna Magdalena

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
ervet:

Welcome to Priccescope!!

One thing that would concern me about this particular diamond being represented as a Hearts and Arrows diamond is that the symmetry is "very good". Most of the companies who are selling TRUE H and A diamonds have set the minimum at either GIA ex ex or AGS000. Ask the vendor to e-mail you a picture of the hearts and arrows pattern of that diamond..that should clear up any doubts you are having.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

ervet

Rough_Rock
Thanks Leslie,

The symmetry rating had me a little concerned as well since their website even states that H&A pattern requires perfect symmetry. I guess I will have to wait and see what the appraiser thinks.

Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results