shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with diamond buying :)

Hawaiiie

Rough_Rock
We looking into buying this diamond and not sure if its good enough for the price.
Not sure what to look for
2.01 G VVS1 excellent cut symmetry and polish 24K

image_39.png

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
Hawaiiie|1457635978|4002803 said:
We looking into buying this diamond and not sure if its good enough for the price.
Not sure what to look for
2.01 G VVS1 excellent cut symmetry and polish 24K

image_39.png

I would pass, as the crown angle is not ideal and it scores poorly on the HCA scale. With your budget you could get a incredible stone that is foolproof in terms of performance.

You do not need VVS1, it is simply overkill. A VS2 will be totally eye clean and will allow you to up the size or the colour... I'll take a look and suggest a few other options, as will others on here I'm sure.

Hawaiiie

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much :) and any suggestion and options around the price range?

Stive85

Shiny_Rock
Hawaiiie|1457637846|4002817 said:
Thank you so much :) and any suggestion and options around the price range?

The one I posted there is right at 24k... You go down one colour to an H and down to an SI1 for clarity. That diamond is certified eye clean, so you will not see the inclusions with the naked eye. The cut of that diamond is significantly better than the one you posted and all the work has been done for you.. The ASET and idealscope are posted on there and look great and is grade AGS000, so as good as you can get. It would be a gorgeous stone... Of course, if you are set on G colour and higher clarity we could look around, but I don't think we will find a 2 carat that is this nicely cut for the money you are spending.

Hawaiiie

Rough_Rock
what if i want to stick with G VVS and GIA how much you think it would go up to?
and thank you for answering my question :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results