shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with deciding on which RB: 1.14 vs 1.10

2smile

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone! I really need help deciding on which diamond would be best to purchase! :appl:
I have been looking for a D,E,or F/1.10-1.14ct/SI2/ RB and stumbled into a bit of a dilemma!!! :errrr:
They both are almost the same exact price and both are in my budget.
Since I am purchasing the diamonds from a vendor online they have said that both diamonds are eye-clean and crystals are white. :geek:

Diamond A:
E
S12
Cut: EX
Polish/sym: EX/EX
Comments: Additional Twinning wisps and surface graining is not shown
Fluor: Med Blue
Girdle: med-slightly thick
HCA: 1.7

Diamond B:
F
S12
Cut: EX
Polish/sym: EX/EX
Comments: Additional Twinning wisps and surface graining is not shown
Fluor: Med Blue
Girdle: med-slightly thick
HCA: 3.9

Which diamond do you think has the better specs AND is less likely to cause durability issues?
PLEASE HELP!!!! :confused:

compare.jpg

2smile

Rough_Rock
Re: Need help: 1.14 vs 1.10

compare_1.jpg

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I would go with diamond A. It is a higher color, and better HCA. You won't notice the tiny difference in size.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
did you ask at what distance the diamonds are eye-clean? or does the vendor have a good return policy? it is definitely possible that they are eye-clean but you want to make sure before buying (or at least have the option to return).

also, does the vendor provide images or idealscope images?

2smile

Rough_Rock
@nfowife: Thanks for your input! :wavey: Diamond A does have a better HCA :)

2smile

Rough_Rock
@slg47: They said that they are both eye-clean from 6 inches. The return policy is pretty good: 30 day return :D
But unfortunately they do not have images or idealscope :((

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other numbers, or crop and paste pics of proportion diagram (or post GIA report numbers)

2smile

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1305580793|2923391 said:
Other numbers, or crop and paste pics of proportion diagram (or post GIA report numbers)

compare%20proportions.jpg

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
A has safer numbers but I think the real test is whether the wisps affect the light performance of the diamond. Make sure to view the diamond in all kinds of lighting if you go through with the purchase.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto thb - lots to think about

1. A is safer by the numbers. But numbers don't tell the whole story and since we don't know what ranges of values went into the averaged and rounded values, that's really *all* we can say - we can't say with any degree of surety that A will be a pretty stone and B won't be.. HCA is indicating "likely worth further investigating further"

2. How old are the reports on these stones? If they're older I would be planning for an independent appraisal within the return period to ensure the stone is in the condition indicated on the report - that it hasn't been carelessly worn or poorly set since

3. Wisps affect light return? This certainly may not be the case, but best to reassure yourself before getting set - you can see this with your eyes, comparing to other stones, or an appraiser can help determine

All said and done - it's an SI2 you're buying blind, I'd definitely plan to have it shipped out to look at with your own eyes before you have it set, make sure it's what you're looking for and that you love it

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know these are the specs you mentioned, but are you sure you don't want to go down in color and size and UP in clarity?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results