shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with Cushion diamonds...

Johnny Sayz

Rough_Rock
Hey guys, I need yall input on these cushion diamonds. I ordered a loose diamond from BGD and they are having trouble getting my diamond on time due to the Covid situation. I originally order this:

but they are offering me this diamond since they can’t have my diamond shipped in a timely matter:

Should I wait or get the suggested new diamond? Please guys, I need your help. The diamond is for an E-ring. Im no expert in this field so any input

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys, I need yall input on these cushion diamonds. I ordered a loose diamond from BGD and they are having trouble getting my diamond on time due to the Covid situation. I originally order this:

but they are offering me this diamond since they can’t have my diamond shipped in a timely matter:

Should I wait or get the suggested new diamond? Please guys, I need your help. The diamond is for an E-ring. Im no expert in this field so any input

Is the price the same? From what I understand about Brian gavin, the first one you chose was their best cushion cut line (signature black), and this is their second best (select h&a). Both look beautiful to me, but I would expect the select one to be a bit cheaper than your original choice

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit. Actually, the new stone should be significantly cheaper bc it faces up MUCH smaller than the original you chose, which I wouldn't want if I were you

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Edit. Actually, the new stone should be significantly cheaper bc it faces up MUCH smaller than the original you chose, which I wouldn't want if I were you

You're right @lovedogs ! That stinks...

I would wait...can they give you some type of timeline?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

Careful. This has been a problem with the h&a cushions. The second dimension on the report for the black is a diagonal measurement not a l x w measure. It appears the other was not measured the same way.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Careful. This has been a problem with the h&a cushions. The second dimension on the report for the black is a diagonal measurement not a l x w measure. It appears the other was not measured the same way.

Gah that is so confusing that 2 stones were measured so differently.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Plus, I thought all BGD stones were in-house (except for the Pre-order). How curious.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Gah that is so confusing that 2 stones were measured so differently.

It's due to the reports. AGS (the Black signature stone) measures one dimension diagonally. The other carries a GIA report and they measure stones l x w.

I'd bet the two face up within .02mm of each other.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
They’re very close but the original is longer.
46CF4D75-A8B1-4F56-A3E1-A82EC1F0EE13.jpeg D4554927-EEEA-40CA-A942-2E20CC14F34D.jpeg

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
They’re very close but the original is longer.
46CF4D75-A8B1-4F56-A3E1-A82EC1F0EE13.jpeg D4554927-EEEA-40CA-A942-2E20CC14F34D.jpeg

No, it's really not. That 6.69 measurement is a diagonal measure of a cut cornered square. It's not the actual length of the stone.

From Brian Gavin:

How is the Brian Gavin Signature Cushion Cut Diamond Measured? It is important to understand that the Brian Gavin Signature Cushion Cut Diamonds are measured a little differently than traditional square cut diamonds, because the rounded corners have an effect upon the diameter of the diamond. Where most square brilliant cut diamonds are measured from edge-to-edge, e.g. North to South and East to West, the first measurement listed on the lab report represents the longest tip-to-tip measurement, and the second measurement represents the shortest edge-to-edge measurement. This is because if the diamond were measured any other way, the surface area of the corner sections would not be taken into account.

The measurements of our Brian Gavin Signature Cushion Cut Diamonds can be a little confusing at first glance, because they tend to give the impression that the diamonds are rectangular in shape.

As I said, they face up within 0.02mm in the square dimension.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
@kb1gra I’m so confused. Is the tip the corner or the highest rise of the curved edge? Does that make sense?

Johnny Sayz

Rough_Rock
Is the price the same? From what I understand about Brian gavin, the first one you chose was their best cushion cut line (signature black), and this is their second best (select h&a). Both look beautiful to me, but I would expect the select one to be a bit cheaper than your original choice

The one I chose is acually cheaper than the new stone.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
The one you suggested acually cost more than the black. Guess I got lucky :)

If that's the case and they're offering to match the price of the Black you purchased, you should take that deal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results