shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with Blue Nile Asscher Upgrade

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I would like to upgrade my current blue nile asscher to an ideal cut.

Here is the thread of my current asscher. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/many-pics-of-my-dreamy-asscher.204987/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/many-pics-of-my-dreamy-asscher.204987/[/URL]

It is a 2.17 I VS1 vg cut and strong blue fluorescence. Florescence is mandatory in my upgrade.

I am in between a D VS1 2.05 medium fluorescence and a E VVS2 2.01 medium fluorescence, both signature ideal. I am curious if it is worth the extra money for the E. I want the most fire possible.

Links to GCAL Reports

http://www.bluenile.com/certs/260620011.pdf?params=Y291bnRyeT1VU0EmcHJvZHVjdD1CTiZwaG9uZT0xKzg4OC01NjUtNzY0MSZsaW5rPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuYmx1ZW5pbGUuY29tJTJGX0xEMDY3NDk3MDMmY3VycmVuY3k9VVNEJmxhYj1nY2FsJnNrdT1MRDA2NzQ5NzAzJg%3D%3D

http://www.bluenile.com/certs/201030025.pdf?params=Y291bnRyeT1VU0EmcHJvZHVjdD1CTiZwaG9uZT0xKzg4OC01NjUtNzY0MSZsaW5rPWh0dHAlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuYmx1ZW5pbGUuY29tJTJGX0xEMDE3Mzg3MTgmY3VycmVuY3k9VVNEJmxhYj1nY2FsJnNrdT1MRDAxNzM4NzE4Jg%3D%3D

Thank you!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'd need to have photos/video/ASET/IS for asschers. You can't buy them based on numbers. :))

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
...oh, and links to BN never work. ::)

fritzi

Rough_Rock
I have attached the pics from the GCAL reports. The first is the D and the second is the E. The report on the E shows slightly more light loss so that is a concern but I prefer the higher clarity in the E. The D looks great and is slightly larger and since I am downsizing I prefer the D for the size and price.

_3757.jpeg

_3758.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The first stone is not good. See the black facets? Hard to tell about the second one. What's the table size on that one?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just understand that there is really no such thing as an ideal cut asscher. They have chosen some to do GCAL reports on and classify as ideal, but that first stone certainly is not ideal in cut.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Thank you! That is exactly what I wanted to know. The table on the D is 62% and the E is 60%. I know it is difficult to find perfection but just need to know which one is less desirable given the information available.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the wider windmills on the E and the 60 table! I'd choose that of these two.

I would be hesitant to pay for E VVS, though. Was there nothing in F, G, or H color?

Are you looking at diameter measurements to compare it to the one you have now? Are you wanting higher color even if it means a smaller stone?

fritzi

Rough_Rock
I am not particular on color. I already have an I and enjoy its warmth. The measurements of the D are larger than the E. I was attracted to the larger windmills on the E as well. As I mentioned, my most important aspect is florescence and then fire is second. This is all they have available at this time with medium or stronger florescence. My current 2.17 appears larger with dimensions of 7.37 x 7.15 x 4.57. The E is 6.97 x 6.86 x 4.56. The D is 7.07 x 7.06 x 4.69. Ultimately I want more fire in my stone and at least 2 carats.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isnt that funny, I hate the curved windmills on the E. They look bowed to me. Personally, I'm not that big a fan of either...first one
due to possible light return issues and the second one due to the bowed windmills. If the windmills on the bowed on dont bother you
than that might be a better choice.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fritzi|1463954212|4034905 said:
I am not particular on color. I already have an I and enjoy its warmth. The measurements of the D are larger than the E. I was attracted to the larger windmills on the E as well. As I mentioned, my most important aspect is florescence and then fire is second. This is all they have available at this time with medium or stronger florescence. My current 2.17 appears larger with dimensions of 7.37 x 7.15 x 4.57. The E is 6.97 x 6.86 x 4.56. The D is 7.07 x 7.06 x 4.69. Ultimately I want more fire in my stone and at least 2 carats.

From the thread that you linked in, it looks like your stone has lots of fire. Are you saying that you dont think it does?

Edit...This "upgrade" is flashing yellow/red lights at me. Proceed with caution...Just because it is a stone that Bluenile has selected
to run GCAL on doesnt mean that it's going to have more fire than the one you have. You are downgrading in size but upgrading
in color which doesnt seem to be a big issue to you. You may not be gaining anything by this upgrade that is worth having
according to your wants.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1463957182|4034916 said:

From the thread that you linked in, it looks like your stone has lots of fire. Are you saying that you dont think it does?

Thank you for all of your comments. I want to see more colored flashes when I am inside too. I had a cushion that was so colorful even in dim and dull lighting. I feel like my current asscher has more brilliance than fire.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fritzi|1463957562|4034917 said:

Thank you for all of your comments. I want to see more colored flashes when I am inside too. I had a cushion that was so colorful even in dim and dull lighting. I feel like my current asscher has more brilliance than fire.

Please check out my comments above. I dont think there is any way of telling if one asscher is going to have more fire than another
(especially inside) without having them side by side. I worry you might trade in a stone that has good fire for one that may not have
as good fire, be smaller but better in color (which you dont seem to care that much about). I just think you need to be really
careful/cautious. I wish I had a better way to tell you to go about it.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1463958043|4034920 said:
fritzi|1463957562|4034917 said:

Please check out my comments above. I dont think there is any way of telling if one asscher is going to have more fire than another
(especially inside) without having them side by side. I worry you might trade in a stone that has good fire for one that may not have
as good fire, be smaller but better in color (which you dont seem to care that much about). I just think you need to be really
careful/cautious. I wish I had a better way to tell you to go about it.

That makes perfect sense. I worry about spending more for a negligible difference too. I understand the issue about seeing them side by side and will see what I can do. Thank you!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you can compare an asscher to a cushion. I would not go down that much in size, so I'd eliminate both of these. The weight is really irrelevant because that E is going to be visually smaller than the stone you have now. I agree with tyty that you may not find an asscher that has more fire than the one you have now. Does the stone you have now have a large table? If you were buying for the first time, I'd say you need to use Good Old Gold because they do the testing and could screen the stones for you. But in this case, you are trading in a diamond and you don't know if they would be better or worse than the one you now have. Not to mention, I would not go smaller in diameter. I also think it is a mistake to limit your options to stones with fluorescence. It is nice in I color and I happen to like it myself, but I don't think it would matter much in higher colors. I'd want more options, personally. I'd want to go with a larger weight so that if you are choosing a stone with a high crown, small table and smaller diameter, it would face up as large as the stone you have now.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1463959386|4034927 said:
I don't think you can compare an asscher to a cushion. I would not go down that much in size, so I'd eliminate both of these. The weight is really irrelevant because that E is going to be visually smaller than the stone you have now. I agree with tyty that you may not find an asscher that has more fire than the one you have now. Does the stone you have now have a large table? If you were buying for the first time, I'd say you need to use Good Old Gold because they do the testing and could screen the stones for you. But in this case, you are trading in a diamond and you don't know if they would be better or worse than the one you now have. Not to mention, I would not go smaller in diameter. I also think it is a mistake to limit your options to stones with fluorescence. It is nice in I color and I happen to like it myself, but I don't think it would matter much in higher colors. I'd want more options, personally. I'd want to go with a larger weight so that if you are choosing a stone with a high crown, small table and smaller diameter, it would face up as large as the stone you have now.

Thank you! I was not sure if it was worth it to get a smaller stone for a better cut. I might just wait until I can upgrade the size more as well. The stone I have now does have a large table and I think it can make the stone look glassy at times. Thank you for your recommendations and I will keep my eye on the selection.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, then you are right that a higher crown and smaller table might increase the fire. I am glad you are open to waiting for the right stone. It is not easy getting the cut, color, and clarity (plus fluorescence) you want in one stone through one vendor, with the exception of modern rounds! I'd just check often and see if they get new stones in. You have a very nice size asscher, so it would be really good to retain that diameter.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1463976337|4035047 said:
Okay, then you are right that a higher crown and smaller table might increase the fire. I am glad you are open to waiting for the right stone. It is not easy getting the cut, color, and clarity (plus fluorescence) you want in one stone through one vendor, with the exception of modern rounds! I'd just check often and see if they get new stones in. You have a very nice size asscher, so it would be really good to retain that diameter.

Thank you for all of your helpful insight. I was not sure if it would be worth it to sacrifice size for cut and appreciate your thoughts. It always helps to have a second opinion. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told a friend the other day that I can give advice all day but then have trouble making a decision for my own items! I definitely need other opinions myself! I am glad we could help, and I hope I see your future posts as your search!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did you decide to do? I have a blue Nile asscher and if I remember correctly, the upgrade has to be double in price from the original with all the original packaging and paperwork.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results