shape
carat
color
clarity

need help with band width and size of diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock

Hi Everyone

I really really need your help deciding on the width of the band and size of the diamonds on the band to go with this setting. The centre stone will be a one carat princess with v prongs. I want bling but I don´t want the centre stone to look smaller or overpowered by the band but I don´t like bands that are too thin like 2mm. My ring finger is 5.75-6 . What ya think?

Many thanks

sharedprong123.JPG

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Keep in mind if this is for your engagement ring, that you will eventually be wearing the matching wedding band. If the e-ring is 2mm, and so is the wedding band, that''s a total width of 4mm on your finger when the set is worn. Thinner bands are also more forgiving if your fingers swell and contract with the weather the way mine do. I wouldn''t go over 2.5mm with that style and a one carat princess cut.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 11:11:41 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
Keep in mind if this is for your engagement ring, that you will eventually be wearing the matching wedding band. If the e-ring is 2mm, and so is the wedding band, that''s a total width of 4mm on your finger when the set is worn. Thinner bands are also more forgiving if your fingers swell and contract with the weather the way mine do. I wouldn''t go over 2.5mm with that style and a one carat princess cut.
Good advice.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2009 11:32:08 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 3/5/2009 11:11:41 AM
Author: Winks_Elf
Good advice.
Ditto, anything over 2mm with the two bands is going to overpower your center stone, but two relatively thin shared prong bands will look great. If you want a wider band and your stone to stand along I''d go with a plain band or perhaps a solitaire with a blingy eternity band.

trentfrog

Rough_Rock
Very wise information. Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results