clarity

Need help with Art Deco ring

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I don't want to overwhelm you but I also messaged a seller on IG about this one

IMG_8028.jpg

Will let you know when I hear back.

ETA: This ring is $4200, center is .91 J SI-1 and has an EGL cert @Smith3

That is what I like but I want at least want the center stone to be 1.10-1.50 ct. that’s ring Is so beautiful:love:
I’ve been saving up money for the last 10 years (still not alot$)in case some how that ring ever resurfaced, I always have hope it will show up or I’ll find it’s doppelgänger. I’ve never own a diamond over a carat, that’s my goal

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Smith3, gotcha, well I think the other IG ring is in that range so when I hear on that I'll let you know!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The center on this is 1.20 carat and cushion cut! I would ask for a better picture, I feel like these don't do any justice. They do take returns though so that is a plus:

headlight

Ideal_Rock
The one OP presented for input has a chip and a cavity, so for those reasons alone I would walk away!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey @Smith3,

Just heard back from the IG vendor and the ring I referenced has a 1.30 center with additional diamonds in the setting. Platinum circa 1920, comes with original receipt from Doyle and Doyle and lab paperwork on the diamond. Asking price is $6500.

If you are interested let me know and I'll tell you how to get in touch, I don't like to share too much with a potential purchase in case of snipers!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, forgot to mention that if you are on IG the seller will be doing a video tonight featuring the ring so you can see it in person. I plan on watching just because it's basically the big mama version of mine and can't wait to see it up close and personal.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, forgot to mention that if you are on IG the seller will be doing a video tonight featuring the ring so you can see it in person. I plan on watching just because it's basically the big mama version of mine and can't wait to see it up close and personal.

Thank you so much! I actually think I know who it is, they have 2 Instagram accounts. Do you think she trustworthy?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I actually think I know who it is, they have 2 Instagram accounts. Do you think she trustworthy?

I've read some threads that had mixed reviews. It seemed like maybe when she was first starting out she might have had some growing pains. If you are seriously interested I would watch the video and double check her return policy. If the return policy is solid and it makes your heart sing then it might be worth considering.

The video will be starting 11Pm Eastern time according to her story from today.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
I've read some threads that had mixed reviews. It seemed like maybe when she was first starting out she might have had some growing pains. If you are seriously interested I would watch the video and double check her return policy. If the return policy is solid and it makes your heart sing then it might be worth considering.

The video will be starting 11Pm Eastern time according to her story from today.

Thank you for all your help!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a screenshot of the return policy, feel free to reach out to me through one of my Loupetroop listings to confirm the seller if you're unsure. I am Sparkle4U on LT

Attachments

• IMG_8065.jpg
    IMG_8065.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 26

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They were supposed to start at 11 but they didn't show it until 12:20am!

Anyways beautiful, I wish they would have spent more time on the details of the center, cut and clarity but she did say she has the paperwork for it, center definitely looks more early round brilliant (transitional) to my eyes but yes very pretty and lively. I hope you caught it!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't have any luck call (phone him don't email) Adam from Old World Diamonds, he often has old settings sitting around that they remove diamonds from, send him photos of what the ring you liked looks like and you never know he might have something sitting around that is similar, plus he has a range of really lovely stones in a range of prices too.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
They were supposed to start at 11 but they didn't show it until 12:20am!

Anyways beautiful, I wish they would have spent more time on the details of the center, cut and clarity but she did say she has the paperwork for it, center definitely looks more early round brilliant (transitional) to my eyes but yes very pretty and lively. I hope you caught it!

Me too, I ask some questions in DM and haven’t heard anything. I wish they would have showed the diamond upclose.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, $6500 is a lot of money and I would expect to see good clear video up close of the faceting. Not a fan of the lighting in the room either.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I inquired on a ring from her once and they sent me better pics and vids. Just be clear that you are really interested and want to see clear pics in good light. At least there's a good return policy too , if you don't love it.

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Right, $6500 is a lot of money and I would expect to see good clear video up close of the faceting. Not a fan of the lighting in the room either.

It is a lot of money for not clear photos or stats. I don’t know why they didn’t loupe it how they did with the other, that’s too much money to gamble on even if they do offer returns. I tried to find u on loupe troop but couldn’t. I just signed up the other day so I guess I don’t know how it works lol

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree 100%, its a shame because it looks so promising but hey there is a lid for every pot and a ring for every finger so your ring is out there!

You can find me on Loupetroop through this listing:

You can also find me on IG @Slynnrose12

Feel free to reach out anytime.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I saw this one on IG last night and thought of this thread. The center is .91 I/J color but included. Seller says inclusions are hard to see with naked eye. Bear with me though, if you like the setting you could eventually replace the center with a larger stone (use this one for a pendant?). The setting is also platinum, selling for $2550 incl. shipping.
20200411_094035.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The flowers on either side of the diamond are very pretty and unique @CHRISTY-DANIELLE!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Sorry I keep posting options, but now when I run across nice options in the general style, I think of this thread. I love this one for the emerald accents. Center is 6.2mm. Plat.setting. $5,990.
20200422_123935.jpg

Smith3

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I keep posting options, but now when I run across nice options in the general style, I think of this thread. I love this one for the emerald accents. Center is 6.2mm. Plat.setting. $5,990.
20200422_123935.jpg
Wow!! That’s amazing!! Thank you for posting and keeping an eye out I appreciate it

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having a bit of colored-stone contrast is a nice touch, makes the diamond stand out just a little bit more.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results