shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help with Antique Earring Gift

emeraldhunter

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a Christmas present for my wife. I had great luck a few years ago when I stumbled upon an Art Nouveau emerald and diamond ring for our engagement. Do you have any advice for finding some antique, vintage, estate etc... earrings? I don't seem to have the magical ebay term or website to help in this search. My budget is about $600.
I am also interested in neat gemstone combinations that make good earrings. I am familiar with diamonds and emeralds, but I don't think look at enough jewelry to discover great ideas.
Thank you in advance!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Emeraldhunter: I knew I'd seen a thread that I thought you'd find helpful and its at the top of this very page! Here is the list of vendors which are likely vetted by members here and added to the list upon successful purchase. Anyway, here it is: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vendor-list-for-antique-vintage-and-repo-jewelry.193984/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vendor-list-for-antique-vintage-and-repo-jewelry.193984/[/URL]

I really hope you fine your special piece. :))

emeraldhunter

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the vendor list. There are a few items I am watching on ebay. Do people often post a link to particular items and ask style/pricing advice? I am a member of another forum that caters to a different sort of collector, and we never post a good deal or it gets snatched!

emeraldhunter

Rough_Rock
Another question... when you buy antique jewelry, how often do you return it? It seems very hard to judge the beauty of the piece, and I was wondering if people often returned pieces. It seems plausible that someone might buy a couple pieces and plan on keeping the one that looks best. Is that a standard business practice or a jerk move?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results