shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help With an Engagement Ring Setting

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
My girlfriend and I were discussing what kind of engagement ring she likes and she said that she wants a solitaire ring with art work or etching (and not diamonds) around the band. Does anyone know where I could find a ring like that? Does anyone know what style this ring is called? I've checked Blue Nile, James Allen, Good Old Gold, Whiteflash, and Brian Gavin Diamonds and they don't seem to have any solitaire rings with artwork or etchings around the band. She was okay with having side stones, but they would have to be small so that it's not too much "bling" and the band would still need to have artwork or etchings. I would prefer to get her a solitaire ring with art work or etching around the band.

The only website where I could find a ring that even looks like this is at Abazais (http://www.abazias.com/database/engagement-rings/FourProng-Etched-Solitaire-Engagement-Ring_ENG-S-12-5634.asp). However, she prefers a band that is wider around the center diamond and she wasn't particularly fond of the artwork or etching around the band.

HELP!!!

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks slg47 for the reply below. Yes, I am looking for an engagement ring with engravings all around. I was hoping to not go the custom route for the ring, but I might have to do so given the circumstances. Thanks for all of your help.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I believe Tacori has a "hand engraved" selection.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
I was going to suggest Van Craeynest too. I have never seen such beautifully engraved bands before. They have a pdf catalogue that is not that easy to get to unless you're on the home page with all their selections of engagement rings and wedding bands.

http://www.vancraeynest.com/pdf/VC_Catalogue.pdf

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Those Van Craeynest settings are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks everyone for all of your help. It's difficult to determine if she will like the style until she sees it in person. I think we'll end up checking them out in the store and then I will buy one similar online somewhere. Depending on what style she likes, we might have to go the custom route.

stlc

Rough_Rock

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I'm super, super picky about engraving and I would say Greenlake Jewelry's is absolutely top of the line, equal in quality with the best antique engraving.

However, Victor Canera does equally good engraving- that is, superb.

I would say Greenlake or Victor Canera would be my top choices, with Victor being the first choice with Greenlake being second. Greenlake isn't cheap, and neither is Victor Canera for that matter, but with engraving, cheap is NOT your friend. At all. I've worked with both and Victor Canera has better customer service & communication, and his prices are not that much more. And his settings- the metalwork is what I'm referring to- is much nicer than Greenlake's. Greenlake does CAD & cast work, whereas Victor does handmade platinum, and the price difference isn't that enormous. And he is much better at listening to what a customer wants and customizing a great design. He's faster too, lol.

I'm too lazy to dig it up but if you search Google for Victor Canera I think the thread I posted recently with my reset w/ French cuts should come up in the first page- it has a good example of his fabulous engraving work.

ETA: I don't love GOG, Whiteflash, or BGD engraving work. It isn't their specialty. Yeah, it's OK and certainly not the worst out there by a LONG shot, but as I said, I'm really picky about engraving and theirs isn't quite up to the level I like. For example: I have a bezel that was millgrained by BGD, and the millgrain is way, way less fine than my Victor Canera piece- it's at least twice as big.

stlc

Rough_Rock
LGK|1305844075|2926027 said:
I'm super, super picky about engraving and I would say Greenlake Jewelry's is absolutely top of the line, equal in quality with the best antique engraving.

However, Victor Canera does equally good engraving- that is, superb.

I would say Greenlake or Victor Canera would be my top choices, with Victor being the first choice with Greenlake being second. Greenlake isn't cheap, and neither is Victor Canera for that matter, but with engraving, cheap is NOT your friend. At all. I've worked with both and Victor Canera has better customer service & communication, and his prices are not that much more. And his settings- the metalwork is what I'm referring to- is much nicer than Greenlake's. Greenlake does CAD & cast work, whereas Victor does handmade platinum, and the price difference isn't that enormous. And he is much better at listening to what a customer wants and customizing a great design. He's faster too, lol.

I'm too lazy to dig it up but if you search Google for Victor Canera I think the thread I posted recently with my reset w/ French cuts should come up in the first page- it has a good example of his fabulous engraving work.

ETA: I don't love GOG, Whiteflash, or BGD engraving work. It isn't their specialty. Yeah, it's OK and certainly not the worst out there by a LONG shot, but as I said, I'm really picky about engraving and theirs isn't quite up to the level I like. For example: I have a bezel that was millgrained by BGD, and the millgrain is way, way less fine than my Victor Canera piece- it's at least twice as big.

This is a great post! I'm kinda getting my answers answered through your thread manhong! lol :)
I am currently chatting with Greenlake for a custom design and by you highlighting them and then Victor canera... well gives me more food for thought. Thanx!!!

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks STLC and LGK. Greenlake and Victor Canera sound like great options. I saw a few rings on both sites that look like potential buys. Thanks for all of the help. And my girlfriend does not want a huge center stone so I can splurge a little more on the setting.

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
LGK, I have one question. How does Victor Canera work? Do you contact him to get a custom quote and to discuss the design? Just curious to see how his custom ring ordering system works compared to others.

stlc

Rough_Rock
Hows it going so far? =)

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
I haven't had time to really know what my girlfriend likes. I think I will go with Victor Canera or Green Lakes Jewelry to have a custom ring made. I'll keep everyone posted.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
manhong|1306874054|2934685 said:
I haven't had time to really know what my girlfriend likes. I think I will go with Victor Canera or Green Lakes Jewelry to have a custom ring made. I'll keep everyone posted.

If you want go custom, maybe best to include her in the project too unless you want to surprise her.

manhong

Rough_Rock
Trade
That's a good point. I would prefer to surprise her, but if I am going to go custom, it's probably a good idea.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if you know she wants engraving and a solitaire...you are probably pretty safe. there have been several victor canera engraved rings on PS lately and they are all GORGEOUS!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results