shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with a BM Dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I have been lurking here for almost a year (hard to believe!) and posted on here a handful of times, but now it''s getting more into wedding planning time and I know I''m going to need help in the coming months...so my posts will probably increase!!

To give some background (so I''m not a total stranger), MY wedding is October 13th in Hallowell, Maine. At this point we''ve done most of the important things for our wedding, and I''m ok with that stuff right now. We''re actually designing our invitations right now... (and so_happy''s posts sure have helped in figuring out some ideas!)

My little SISTER''S wedding is July 28th in Jamaica...she just started planning it a few weeks ago. I''m the only bridesmaid (technically maid of honor!), so picking out a dress seemed like it was going to be so easy! However, she had already decided a year ago (she''s been engaged a while) that she love Bill Levkoff Style 301 in taupe with the champagne sash. (the colors on the model if you go to the website). I''ve tried attaching the pic, so we''ll see how that turns out!

I''ve been searching like mad for this dress for sale anywhere (ebay, craigslist (even a global search), theknot, random google/yahoo searches) and I can''t find it. I was going to order it, but have already received a roadblock because it''s less than 4 months away. (and I don''t want to pay for rush shipping).

So, what I am hoping is that some of you who have been scouring bm dresses (like I did for my wedding) have noticed another designer that makes a very similar dress. She likes the simplicity of it - the sash in the back, the neutral colors, etc. If I have another designer, I can include that one in my searches! And of course it doesn''t have to be a BM dress at all!
I did find Alexia and Bari Jay have similar long versions, and Levkoff also has style 966 that is the same only long...it really needs to be short!

Thanks so much for the help!

lev2.jpg

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
I am no help with the dress issue...but I happened to notice that you are in Maine as well.

Where are you getting married?

We are in Wiscasset ;-)
Danielle

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 7:44:26 PM
Author: mainemomof2
I am no help with the dress issue...but I happened to notice that you are in Maine as well.

Where are you getting married?

We are in Wiscasset ;-)
Danielle
Hi!

We''re getting married at the Maple Hill Farm Bed & Breakfast...I''ll admit I''m not ''from'' Maine! I believe I am ''from away''?
I''m from Texas/Michigan and my fiance is here..and our jobs..and now our house!!

I saw some of your posts, and figured you were from Maine from your userid!!

mainemomof2

Rough_Rock
Congratulations and Welcome! :)

*I actually forgot that my username was so descriptive of who I am*

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried David''s Bridal or Alfred Angelo?

cara

Ideal_Rock
have you tried contacting a discounter like pearl''s place or netbride and asking for a rush order quote on the real thing? With their substantial discount, it might not be that bad even if you do have to pay rush charges. Though I realize you might object on principle to the rush charges.

DiamondSeeker7

Shiny_Rock
It seems that you have found the dress in a longer version? If that is the case, you most likely can get it tailored to the length you want. Why don''t you call a dress store or department store and see if that is the case. It will make your whole search a lot easier! By the way- the dress is beautiful!

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 8:56:25 PM
Author: cara
have you tried contacting a discounter like pearl''s place or netbride and asking for a rush order quote on the real thing? With their substantial discount, it might not be that bad even if you do have to pay rush charges. Though I realize you might object on principle to the rush charges.
Actually, I contacted Netbride this weekend and they wouldn''t even give me a quote because they said the wedding was too close. I wrote them back (last night) and asked them what the rush charge would be. I thought it was odd they wouldn''t even give me a quote! And, from everything I''ve read, those dresses almost always come in early!

Houseofbrides has it for 130 + rush of $50. 180 just seems like soo much for a dress when it''s just me and it''s not like I have to match to other brides!! I am going to call Pearl''s place and crissyobridal today to see what they say. My sister is open to other dresses, and I am convinced this one will show up on ebay! (my specific wedding dress did, as did my sisters!!)

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2007 9:07:23 PM
Author: DiamondSeeker7
It seems that you have found the dress in a longer version? If that is the case, you most likely can get it tailored to the length you want. Why don''t you call a dress store or department store and see if that is the case. It will make your whole search a lot easier! By the way- the dress is beautiful!
I haven''t found the dress for sale anywhere in the longer version just yet (I just know it exists)..I am open to the longer one and trying to get it altered. The longer one also has a crinoline (which i assume can be removed) and a lot of extra material. But if I can find that one for a reasonable price, I plan to see about getting it altered!

Thanks! I agree it is very pretty!!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
I have a dress from Davids bridal and one from JC Penney that are quite similar only long. The dress can easily be shortened, as the crinoline is only at the bottom (in my dresses). I suspect you may end up shortening a short version anyway. Unless you''re really tall, alot of those short dresses tend to be too long (in my opinion). My dresses also lack a sash, but that could be easily added, either by using a wide piece of ribbon/fabric, having a seamstress make something, or purchasing a ready made sash from a bridal store. I''d focus on getting a dress that has the right neckline and is the right color, as the rest is easy to change.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
my bridesmaids tried this dress on at the following shop. they carried it in long & short.

I do, I do
2005 West Gray St., Ste. G
Houston, TX 77019
(713) 522-0456

eta: ok, i read your post wrong. i thought you were looking for this exact dress... sorry.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2007 8:18:32 AM
Author: brgirl
Date: 4/10/2007 8:56:25 PM

Author: cara

Actually, I contacted Netbride this weekend and they wouldn''t even give me a quote because they said the wedding was too close. I wrote them back (last night) and asked them what the rush charge would be. I thought it was odd they wouldn''t even give me a quote! And, from everything I''ve read, those dresses almost always come in early!

Houseofbrides has it for 130 + rush of $50. 180 just seems like soo much for a dress when it''s just me and it''s not like I have to match to other brides!! I am going to call Pearl''s place and crissyobridal today to see what they say. My sister is open to other dresses, and I am convinced this one will show up on ebay! (my specific wedding dress did, as did my sisters!!)

You should call Pearl''s Place and see if they could get it for you. I had great luck w/ them for a friend''s wedding.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Here''s one from Ann Taylor- it comes in Mocha and any local seamstress should be able to make a cream colored long sash with some inexpensive fabric and then baste it on for you. After the wedding, you can remove it and have a cute dress for evenings out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results