shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help with 1.35 CT G SI2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stonesour

Rough_Rock
What is your opinion of this Stone? What is a reasonable cost? Is there anything that I need to worry about with it?
It is being offered at what I consider a GREAT Price.

EGL international graded August 2007

EGL 2708093332

1.35 CT
Round Brilliant
6.89-6.83x4.42 mm
Total Depth 64.4%
Table Width 58%
Crown Height 17%
Pavilion Depth 43%
Girdle thickness Slightly Thick, Faceted
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Culet None
Clarity SI2
Color Grade G
Fluorescence: None

Thank you very much,
Stonesour

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
EGL color and clarity grading is consider soft, could be lower by up to 2 grades if graded by more consistent lab, AGS/GIA, so if you compare the price as an H/I I1 stone, I think the price will not be so much of a deal. Doing a pricescope on EGL stone of similar stats comes up with price ranging from 4.8 - 8 k.

Also the stone is deep, cut is less than ideal, probably looks small for it''s weight and could be dull looking. Scored a HCA 3.4.

All together, Bad.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2009 7:28:08 PM
Author:stonesour

What is your opinion of this Stone? What is a reasonable cost? Is there anything that I need to worry about with it?
It is being offered at what I consider a GREAT Price.

EGL international graded August 2007

EGL 2708093332

1.35 CT
Round Brilliant
6.89-6.83x4.42 mm
Total Depth 64.4%
Table Width 58%
Crown Height 17%
Pavilion Depth 43%
Girdle thickness Slightly Thick, Faceted
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Culet None

Clarity SI2
Color Grade G
Fluorescence: None

Thank you very much,
Stonesour
Welcome Stonesour!

This is not a well cut diamond, I would recommend you keep looking. It won't be very attractive or sparkly. This page also explains how the grading labs rank, EGL are considered to be less strict on grading than AGS or GIA in some circumstances, but EGL USA are thought to be the strongest of the EGL labs. This page explains in more detail.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/grading.asp

stonesour

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help. I am a newbie for sure.

The price quoted was $4900, and it really sent off some flags to me on this stone, I just couldn''t believe it.

When I looked at tables the %''s seemed to fit into a very good cut diamond, but wanted to run it by you all. So I am going to pass and keep on looking.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2009 12:22:33 PM
Author: stonesour
Thanks for the help. I am a newbie for sure.

The price quoted was $4900, and it really sent off some flags to me on this stone, I just couldn''t believe it.

When I looked at tables the %''s seemed to fit into a very good cut diamond, but wanted to run it by you all. So I am going to pass and keep on looking.
Good decision, if you need any more help just let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results