shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help! Which cushion should I go for?

Najo

Rough_Rock
I got aset images for 3 diamonds I requested. Which one looks best? And would you say it's a good choice?

Please help a newbie out!

:angel:

_3258.jpeg

_3259.jpeg

_3260.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You wasted your ASETs on crappy cushions. If you had asked for help initially in the diamond selection we could have spared you that. NONE of them are worth your money. They all suck.

Are you open to a different vendor?

Najo

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1461299197|4022326 said:
You wasted your ASETs on crappy cushions. If you had asked for help initially in the diamond selection we could have spared you that. NONE of them are worth your money. They all suck.

Are you open to a different vendor?

What a shame! The reason I choose these 3 was because I wanted a lower color (J...K) with a brown body color instead of yellow.
These 3 were the only ones I found :( but if they look crappy I don't want to waste my money :sick:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why do you want a lower colored stone with brown body color?

Najo

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1461301961|4022343 said:

I want to try setting it into a rose gold halo :)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Najo|1461302208|4022344 said:

Still not making sense. :confused:

What does the metal color have to do with this? I don't get the brown tint thing at all. A K doesn't have enough body color to look really tinted in a rose gold halo.

Were you hoping it would look like a light fancy or something??? I mean, if you were you should be looking at M-N-O/P range. Or better yet, a cape diamond.

If you just wanted to maximize size, then a J would be good. As for the tint. Again, not really strong enough to make a huge difference.

Najo

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1461305005|4022347 said:
Najo|1461302208|4022344 said:

Still not making sense. :confused:

What does the metal color have to do with this? I don't get the brown tint thing at all. A K doesn't have enough body color to look really tinted in a rose gold halo.

Were you hoping it would look like a light fancy or something??? I mean, if you were you should be looking at M-N-O/P range. Or better yet, a cape diamond.

If you just wanted to maximize size, then a J would be good. As for the tint. Again, not really strong enough to make a huge difference.

Yep, was hoping for a warm tint. But when you write it like that I realize that I might sound stupid :D
I already have a J and I don't want that yellow tint.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so, I didnt mean that you were stupid. Just that you maybe need some more guidance. Have you considered a nice L/M colored AVC from GOG? You could ask Jon if he has one or could get one that might suit you. Larger facets mean more body color, ideal light performance, and they look amazing haloed.

That's where I'd start. I'll check in on this thread again tomorrow too.

Najo

Rough_Rock
Yes I've kind of emailed everyone. They think it's like trying to find a needle in a haysack.

Maybe I should just give up on the idea of a brown tinted diamond and try to find a nice J colored cushion.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why did you want the brown tint?

You don't like the tint on your J?

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock
I remember there was a GoG video where they talked about having come across some rough in the tinted range that had a champagne/pinkish tint vs yellow tint. I was/am intrigued by this concept as well!

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock
What if you looked for an actual light brown or champagne diamond? Is that more color than you'd like?

Najo

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1461383257|4022662 said:
Why did you want the brown tint?

You don't like the tint on your J?

Just curious, I think it's pretty.

Yes I like my J but it's a solitaire e-ring. Not yellow at all in my opinion.

The cushion you posted is waaaay out of my budget this time :) I'm looking for something around 1500. (This is just an idea I got..that I need a rose gold halo)

Najo

Rough_Rock
cookiebuttermonster|1461394418|4022687 said:
What if you looked for an actual light brown or champagne diamond? Is that more color than you'd like?

Yes but I only want light light brown/peach. Just a tint ;-)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How big are those stones you are looking at? I saw something on leibish also but I think it's only .43.

cookiebuttermonster

Rough_Rock

Najo

Rough_Rock
That heart shaped diamond has a pretty color! I have contact with David at diamonds by Lauren about a RB. But I think a cushion would look best in a halo.

I'm open to anything from around 0,5 carat. I don't want a big diamond this time just a pretty one :D

Is rather buy from USA than leibish since I'm going on holiday to USA. :D

E B

Ideal_Rock

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Be sure to ask about the tint. I bought a 0.63 ct K cushion from JA just recently, and in video it looked like it had brown tint. In reality it has a yellow tint. I don't mind, but given the choice, I would have chosen brown tint.

nojs

Shiny_Rock
Gypsy: please share your wisdom and tell us what is the black I'm seeing in the second ASET? I get that blue is contrast and "grey" is leakage, but I don't get the black.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the black should be blue. It's just the photography set up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results