shape
carat
color
clarity

need help w/ pricing info ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lhsing

Rough_Rock
i have a quote for the following stone and need to know if it''s going to be a good , no, a GREAT price.

G
VS1
depth: 62%
table: 54%
girdle: tn- sl. tk
polish/sym: VG
no fluor.
no culet

Let me know...

thanks!

BearMan

Shiny_Rock
what type of cut??

lhsing

Rough_Rock
it's a round cut

lhsing

Rough_Rock
one more thing:
here are the measurements:
6.92*6.95 - 4.34

lhsing

Rough_Rock
any feedback?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock

----------------
On 2/4/2004 5:28:43 PM lhsing wrote:

i have a quote for the following stone and need to know if it's going to be a good , no, a GREAT price.

G
VS1
depth: 62%
table: 54%
girdle: tn- sl. tk
polish/sym: VG
no fluor.
no culet

Let me know...

thanks!
----------------

First, we can't let you know if your price is going to be a great price because you neglected to share what that price is. What is the price you were quoted on the diamond?

Second, is this stone accompanied by a grading report? If so, who graded the stone? The lab grading contributes to the price of the stone; some labs charge more than others.

Lastly, the make (how well the diamond is cut) plays heavily into the pricing of the stone as well. In order to get a better sense of the make, you need to get the crown/pavilion angles of the diamond. If it's GIA graded, then ask the vendor if they can provide a Sarin or OGI report that gives those measurements.

With this additional information, we can help you with your question.

lhsing

Rough_Rock
apologies...

the quote is $7600 and it has a GIA cert. not sure what the crown or pavilion is... the jeweler told me that it would take up to 3 weeks to get a sarin report so he's saying that he will look for a stone that already has that report.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
A well cut 1.26 carat would have a diameter right at 7mm or just a touch over. The cut is "hiding" some weight. Probably the girdle, which could be an area for light leakage. Even the second comp that PG listed has a diameter of 6.99mm, with Vg Polish and Vg Symmetry like the diamond you listed. So, the cut of the diamond you listed could account for the price difference.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results