shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help to select an anniversary band!

kwpask

Rough_Rock
Hey All - coming up on a year married and my wife has hinted that she would like a second (anniversary) band to accompany her engagement ring and wedding band. She had a solitaire engagement band with a 1.41 round brilliant diamond. She also has a diamond wedding band. See photo below. I am looking for something a bit bigger for the second band (her wishes) at least a carat worth the diamonds. Money is not a major factor - but if I could keep it around the $2000 price range (can go higher for the right piece) that would be cool too. See her current set up below. One thought was this band here:

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-anniversary/18k-white-gold-100ctw-nine-stone-common-prong-diamond-anniversary-ring-item-349

Thoughts?

img_3919.jpg

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My mind went right to that JA ring (the shared prong 9 stone ring is really pretty too) since i was just looking at those. :naughty: Have you checked out ID Jewelry? Really nice rings over 1ct in your price range. if shes wanting size, i'd look there too. and i'd actually CALL after perusing the site, they get such great reviews here for beautiful product within any budget.

http://idjewelry.com/wedding-bands/anniversary-bands.html?dir=asc&metal_color=264&order=price

7 stone ring, 1.40ct for $2050
http://idjewelry.com/1-40ct-7-stone-common-prong-diamond-band-in-14k-white-gold-w3644-w-iadd.html

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto Farrahlyn...ID Jewelry is pretty much our go-to jeweler for anniversary bands. I have the 1.4 ctw 7 stone and it is lovely.
Ask to speak to Yekutiel...tell them you are a PS member and you want PS quality stones. He should set you up. He is pretty
busy so keep trying if you dont hear back...calling works best.

Here is a picture of mine

img_20160202_153649991_0.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you can go up to 3k, give IDJ a call and ask for the nicest 5 stone you can get for your budget, make you mention you need PS quality stones.

kwpask

Rough_Rock
what carat size would a 5 stone get me for $3K? also, I should note that her engagement diamond is stunning (thanks to the members of this board's help) but it is down in color (we can't tell and it looks like any other diamond) but my concern would be the stones of the engagement band down playing the color of her main diamond. I believe it is I color. Any worry with going bigger in band diamonds and their color out performing?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She wants to wear this WITH her engagement ring? Not instead of or on her right hand?

If that's the case then I wouldn't go bother with an anniversary band.

If it's a standalone though, for 3k? I would ask if Yekutiel can do five 20 pointers for you for 3k. That would be a full carat. You wouldn't get platinum for that price, but white gold. And just ask that they are in a low and comfortable setting for her.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How large are the stones in her wedding band?

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
tyty333 said:
Ditto Farrahlyn...ID Jewelry is pretty much our go-to jeweler for anniversary bands. I have the 1.4 ctw 7 stone and it is lovely.
Ask to speak to Yekutiel...tell them you are a PS member and you want PS quality stones. He should set you up. He is pretty
busy so keep trying if you dont hear back...calling works best.

Here is a picture of mine

Oh tyty, that is just scrumptious!

To the OP, i'm sorry, i misread. I thought your wife wanted to wear the second band on the other hand. So does she plan to wear her current band AND this band with the ER? Has she tried on bands like these with her set? Most here like to have stacking bands that are of similar height to give a more symmetrical look. differing widths look ok but the differing heights tends to not look right. In short, not sure that any of those anniversary bands would GO with her current set. Can you feel her out some more regarding pairing this new band with her current set?

kwpask

Rough_Rock
Yes - I am sorry for the confusion - that's why I initially posted a photo of her current set up. This is definitely her wish as I was more pushing for a symmetrical look (figured just order another band and be done but it is never that easy - thus me needing help). She is looking for something like this (I believe she is opting for just round stones in the new larger band however - not the different shapes and sizes this example shows)

c9ae4ec7ea072e115727328776ed6533.jpg

I guess this new band would go on her finger first, followed by her wedding band, and then her engagement ring.

I know seems crazy to me too but this is what she prefers.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kwpask said:
Yes - I am sorry for the confusion - that's why I initially posted a photo of her current set up. This is definitely her wish as I was more pushing for a symmetrical look (figured just order another band and be done but it is never that easy - thus me needing help). She is looking for something like this (I believe she is opting for just round stones in the new larger band however - not the different shapes and sizes this example shows)

I guess this new band would go on her finger first, followed by her wedding band, and then her engagement ring.

The 7 stone or 9 stone common prong from JA could work. i'd inquire as to the height of both her current band and the 7 & 9 stone bands to see how close they are. Both will be taller but a small difference in height would still work, i'd think the 9 stone more so. Maybe inquire as to the height on the .75ct rings as well, they may be a little more aesthetically pleasing even though they don't quite reach the 1ct mark.

Check out this WF u prong in .75ct (i have massive love for this ring) It's 3/4 eternity which seems to be what she already has. Different prongs. Again, i'd check the height.

http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/annettes-u-prong-3-4-eternity-diamond-wedding-ring-2698.htm

or this?
http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/diamonds-for-an-eternity-3-4-diamond-wedding-band-850.htm

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the bands are not the same height you will not achieve the visual symmetry that the picture you posted does (Kate Beckinsale' set). Symmetry of height among all the bands is the reason this set is so appealing. She needs to try on bands and they should be in her size when you do because a different size does not allow you to get an accurate representation of how he band will look on her finger. Unless the vendor sets the stones very low, 9 stones with 1 carat total will result in stones that are too big to be as low set as her current bands.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently, she's got 3 pointers in her existing band. I'm thinking 8 pointers half eternity would be really lovely! Give IDJ a call!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1468424139|4055111 said:
If the bands are not the same height you will not achieve the visual symmetry that the picture you posted does (Kate Beckinsale' set). Symmetry of height among all the bands is the reason this set is so appealing. She needs to try on bands and they should be in her size when you do because a different size does not allow you to get an accurate representation of how he band will look on her finger. Unless the vendor sets the stones very low, 9 stones with 1 carat total will result in stones that are too big to be as low set as her current bands.

Ditto...I thought you were looking for a RHR so size (going much bigger) didnt matter. Now that you are talking about a stacker for
her engagement ring I would not go too much bigger than what she has and make sure the height of the bands are close enough to keep
a consistent look. This makes it a little harder.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1468429313|4055147 said:
Currently, she's got 3 pointers in her existing band. I'm thinking 8 pointers half eternity would be really lovely! Give IDJ a call!

Agree, or maybe 3/4 eternity. Ask them what the height of the stones will be (off her finger).

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
kwpask|1468420828|4055083 said:

The second band (the one lowest in the photo) is a bezel band. She could get something like one of these (none are a full carat, but could make a fun stack):

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-stackable/14k-white-gold-alternating-bezel-wedding-ring-item-50139
https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-stackable/14k-white-gold-alternating-bezel-eternity-band-item-50138
http://www.whiteflash.com/right-hand-rings/danielle-jazz-bezel-diamond-right-hand-ring-174.htm
Or one of the many lovely bezel options from Beverly K: http://www.beverleyk.com/diamonds.html?limit=all

But there are so many options for stacking! A surprise is nice, but I would have her look through some options and pick her favorite.

ElizabethR

Shiny_Rock
I just got a 1cwt five stone from IDJ and it was stunning. The diamonds had lots of fire and sparkle and were super clean. I paid half of what my usual go to jeweler was asking (2,050.00 instead of 4,000.00) and it was Platinum. I cannot recommend IDJ enough. As it turned out my fingers were too stubby to wear the new ring beside my present ering and aniversary band so I've had to return it. IDJ couldn't have been more helpful or kind.

Hope you find the perfect ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1468424139|4055111 said:

I agree. It won't work to have much larger stones or the larger stone band will stick out further than the current one.

kwpask

Rough_Rock
So I called James Allen today - and asked them about this band:

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-anniversary/18k-white-gold-100ctw-nine-stone-common-prong-diamond-anniversary-ring-item-349

To my surprise, they actually said the current wedding band she has (see link below) is actually taller and will have a .02 MM difference in height and be higher overall than the larger stones in the anniversary band.

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-rings/womens-diamond/14k-white-gold-057ct-common-prong-diamond-wedding-ring-item-7673

Is that a big enough difference? I guess I am leaning more towards the JA anniversary band as I used them for her engagement, wedding band and my wedding band - known quality, brand, matches, etc. My thought is - should I just buy this grab it and when she has her rings off see how well they match up. Not sure of how else I can do it at this point.

Also not sure how to go forward in buying something from another website when JA has the ability to tell me something is only going to be .02 MM off :lol:

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kwpask said:
So I called James Allen today - and asked them about this band:

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...ommon-prong-diamond-anniversary-ring-item-349

To my surprise, they actually said the current wedding band she has (see link below) is actually taller and will have a .02 MM difference in height and be higher overall than the larger stones in the anniversary band.

https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...t-common-prong-diamond-wedding-ring-item-7673

Is that a big enough difference? I guess I am leaning more towards the JA anniversary band as I used them for her engagement, wedding band and my wedding band - known quality, brand, matches, etc. My thought is - should I just buy this grab it and when she has her rings off see how well they match up. Not sure of how else I can do it at this point.

Also not sure how to go forward in buying something from another website when JA has the ability to tell me something is only going to be .02 MM off :lol:

oh WOW, that is SO close, i don't think it is worrisome at all. My vote is to buy it and swipe her rings to see how they look together. But i really think that it will work wonderfully and that.02 difference won't be problematic! :dance:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Sounds good to me, .02 difference is not going to be noticeable. Just make sure the girdles (sides) of the diamonds won't scratch the sides of her other ring(s). And James Allen seems to have a good return policy if it doesn't work for some reason.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results