shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help to find Cushion cut diamond

StThomas

Rough_Rock
Hi all, my bf has given me the honour of choosing my own ring as he knows I'm very particular on the design of the things that I use/wear daily.

I need help to find a cushion cut diamond with the following details:
Cut: As best
Colour: D-H
Carat: 0.9-1.4ct (not really concerned about the weight, but would like to get the biggest measurement possible, preferably >6.2mm)
Clarity: Up to SI1, eye-clean
Budget: US$6,000

I've contacted James Allen as I found a few nice-looking options but even their suggested stones are all not located within their area so they cannot provide me with any ASET images. So disappointed as they can't even check with the suppliers :(

So far I've not found much options. Just listing 2 here:

1) http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond-details/0.905-f-vs1-cushion-diamond-ags-104083556027.... It's nice but then I found out from previous posts here that BG measures their stones diagonally :( So I think the stone is much smaller than stated.

2) http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1-3-ct-i-vs2-signature-modern-cut-cushion-cushion-diamond.html.... Best one I've found so far. Do you guys think the price is ok for an I colour? I'm also quite concerned with the clarity image - is it visible if seen with naked eyes?

Would be great if I can see more options but preferably those with video and ASET image at the very least.

I don't know if I'm asking for too much for this budget. I love cushion cut diamond but I also love big stones (HAHA). Was thinking if I should explore round cut instead, as it is bigger than cushion for the same carat and have it set on a 4-prong setting to make it look squarish. But I can't stop dreaming about cushion!

Need your expertise guys! :)

Much thanks!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to talk to GOG about that stone and verify that it is eye-clean. That would be your first step.

I also would call BGD and ask them what the measurements on the BGD stone is.

Do you have a particular look you want in a ring? Some cushions "fit" a certain look better than others.

StThomas

Rough_Rock
Hi Tyty333,

Thanks! I'll check with GoG and BG. What do you think of the GoG's price for that diamond though?

The JA one looks nice! I've never seen that because I've always filtered it up to H colour. I read that cushion cuts retain colour badly so I'm concerned with how an I grade will look like.

There are 2 ring settings that I am considering. Its either a solitaire with thin pave band in white gold, or solitaire with a thin plain yellow gold band..

StThomas

Rough_Rock
So just an update:

BGD said the stone is square-shaped, so the measurement is 5.64 x 5.64.

JA told me that stone is overseas hence, no scope images available... :( I asked them to suggest in-house diamonds but all were not as good.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results