shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help to choose between the two diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
I am trying to help my daughter to pick a diamond and we have two that we are very interesed. They are from different stores. Please give me some advice on which one is better.

Diamond 1: GIA dated 11/30/05
Measurement: 6.47 x 6.53 x 4.04
Weight: 1.03 ct
Depth: 62.2%
Table: 53%
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Good
Symmetry: very good
Clarify: VS2
Color: F
My Notes: can''t see flaw using a 10 x loupe. However, on the cert, there are two very small pinpoints and a small cloud right in the middle of the table
Price: $6500

Diamond 2: GIA cert dated 2/1/06
Measurement: 6.49 x 6.55 x 4.00
Weight: 1.04 ct
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Polish: Excellent
Crown angle: 34.5 degree
Pavillion angle: 41.4 degree
My Notes: Certificate shows flaws (clound and crystal on the side facet and the edge). Using 10x loup, can''t see flaw in the table, can see the crystals on the side but not the cloud.
Price: $7100

Diamond 1 seems more economical. However, I am kinda of concerned on the cloud which is right in the middle of the table. Would that distract from the brilliance?

Please help me in picking the better one. Thanks

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/15/2006 12:23:37 AM
Author:maxspinel
I am trying to help my daughter to pick a diamond and we have two that we are very interesed. They are from different stores. Please give me some advice on which one is better.

Diamond 1: GIA dated 11/30/05
Measurement: 6.47 x 6.53 x 4.04
Weight: 1.03 ct
Depth: 62.2%
Table: 53%
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Polish: Good
My Notes: can''t see flaw using a 10 x loupe. However, on the cert, there are two very small pinpoints and a small cloud right in the middle of the table
Price: $6500

Diamond 2: GIA cert dated 2/1/06
Measurement: 6.49 x 6.55 x 4.00
Weight: 1.04 ct
Depth: 61.3%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Polish: Excellent
Crown angle: 34.5 degree
Pavillion angle: 41.4 degree
My Notes: Certificate shows flaws (clound and crystal on the side facet and the edge). Using 10x loup, can''t see flaw in the table, can see the crystals on the side but not the cloud.
Price: $7100

Diamond 1 seems more economical. However, I am kinda of concerned on the cloud which is right in the middle of the table. Would that distract from the brilliance?

Please help me in picking the better one. Thanks
Dont like #1 good polish

Dont like 41.4 pavilionanghgle on stone #2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results