shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help sourcing small high-quality emerald

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, I am having trouble sourcing a small, high-quality emerald and I am hoping some experts here can help. I am looking for:

Natural, untreated (oiled is fine)
Rich, dark green color
AAA clarity
Emerald-cut (I like proportions where width is about 75% of length)
4-5mm length

I am open to your feedback/input on these specs. The most important to me are color and size; this is a special project so I would like a high quality stone. Thank you for any help and guidance you can share!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a budget in mind?

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have a budget in mind?

Thanks for your response! I am hoping people on this thread can help me figure out an idea of fair cost for this size and quality of emerald? Most of what I’m finding is large so I can’t get a sense of where my budget should be. I purchased a stone from this listing:

https://www.africagems.com/calibrated-emerald-emerald-aaa.html

It cost a bit under $400. I have no idea if that’s well priced but the description was perfect for what I’m looking for. The stone ended up being much lighter in person. I could go up a bit in budget (maybe up to $500?) But of course I’d love to find a better value and stick under the $400 mark. Africa Gems has a beautiful heirloom quality emerald that’s twice the size I’m looking for at around $1,100 so I am hoping for half the size, half the budget should be plenty.

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
I found some stones for you. Maybe you can contact and ask for pictures and videos. AAAA is considered as being heirloom, of the best quality (I hope I am not mistaken). https://www.gemsny.com/emerald/basic-search/

There is no rush to buy from them right away, they have permanent 20% off sale 365 days/year. :D

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
It is a nice stone, but a tad on the light side.

Thanks for that input. I have reached out to the seller for additional photos.

I would still appreciate any other sourcing leads people can share!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results