shape
carat
color
clarity

need help quick!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rmsanders2002

Rough_Rock
I''m considering proposing in the very near future. I''ve tried my hardest to gain as much knowledge as I can regarding engagement rings. I have a few questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. First, is it safe to buy diamonds online and if so, who is competitive in pricing and quality? Next, my girlfriend has stated that she likes the designs of Jeff Cooper and Michael Bondanza. I found found two jewelers in the area that carry these designers. Next, can I buy the diamond online, and have a jeweler place the stone in one of these settings? Will they do that? I''m assuming that I can save a little money buying the diamond online. Next, is a VS1 all that different from a VVS1 or VVS2? It seems there is quite a bit of price difference. I would like to have a colorless stone (thinking E). I would like a single stone around 1.50. I would like to spend aorund $13,000. Is this possible with what I want? If not, what areas are better to down grade on a touch? Also, what is the girdle, and what is ideal? Also, what is the depth and what is ideal? Also, what is Table and wahts ideal? Also, are there different types of diamonds??? I''ve heard about 8star or something. If there are different types, which are considered good-very good quality? I would like to get a princess cut or she likes emerald as well. Looking at all my questions I know I need some serious help!

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 9/30/2004 1:05:13 PM rmsanders2002 wrote:

I'm considering proposing in the very near future. I've tried my hardest to gain as much knowledge as I can regarding engagement rings. I have a few questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. First, is it safe to buy diamonds online and if so, who is competitive in pricing and quality?

Yes.

Next, my girlfriend has stated that she likes the designs of Jeff Cooper and Michael Bondanza. I found found two jewelers in the area that carry these designers. Next, can I buy the diamond online, and have a jeweler place the stone in one of these settings? Will they do that?

yes

I'm assuming that I can save a little money buying the diamond online. Next, is a VS1 all that different from a VVS1 or VVS2?

One cannot see the difference with the naked eye.

It seems there is quite a bit of price difference. I would like to have a colorless stone (thinking E). I would like a single stone around 1.50. I would like to spend aorund $13,000. Is this possible with what I want? If not, what areas are better to down grade on a touch? Also, what is the girdle, and what is ideal? Also, what is the depth and what is ideal? Also, what is Table and wahts ideal? Also, are there different types of diamonds??? I've heard about 8star or something. If there are different types, which are considered good-very good quality? I would like to get a princess cut or she likes emerald as well. Looking at all my questions I know I need some serious help! ----------------

"E" is a luxury you will pay for.

Go up to top of page and read the tutorial for education.

JC

Shiny_Rock
rmsanders2002......I can see that you have a lot of questions. I'm sure that the online vendors that are listed right here on Pricescope would be more than happy to assist. So I would shop around and make some calls to get each quetion addressed as well as locate the right diamond for you. Good luck....

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results