shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help posting hoop pics (again)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I have the diamond hoops, but I cannot resize to post here.

I can e-mail them someone. (??)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
sure- email them to me again.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
hoop specs:

18kt WG
3.91 ct
G -VS

46 stones total
about 1 inch in diameter maybe a little bigger

I thought (was told) they were 1 1/8" in diameter

I am debating if I should keep them. I don''t know why, but I have a funny feeling about them, weird to explain. It might be that they are from a jeweler I don''t know in NYC. Signed Pieces can make them for me. And I know I would be comfortable with them.

They look larger in some of the pics than they really are. I was hoping for a pr. to be just a tiny bit longer and maybe a little thinner.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

earrings101.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

earing102.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

earring103.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock

earring104.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are very pretty, and look great on you. But if you aren''t thrilled with them, then return them and have SP make you a pair of hoops exactly to your specifications. Then you will get 100% of what you want.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
If you dont feel comfertable with them send them back. You want to trust the person who sells such an expensive thing to you.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
They do look great in the pictures, but if they are not what you wanted exactly, you''re better off returning them. For the amount of $$ you are spending, you should feel 100% comfortable and 100% happy with the purchase.

Let us know what you decide!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those look huge! Did you want such a large carat weight? They look very sparkly.

Blue Nile has some that are almost 2" and are 1ctw and they may have larger carat sizes, not sure, those are around $1k. Those are my ideals.

I personally like larger skinnier hoops so when I am looking I am comparing widths in mm thickness as well as the size of the hoop!

Good luck!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2005 2:52:19 PM
Author: Ann

I was hoping for a pr. to be just a tiny bit longer and maybe a little thinner.
... hope you don''t mind. ''Got some pretty bad habits on Pricescope!
6.gif

The hoops look terrific, of course, but they need to be what you like and nothing else.

(in the picture, the thinner & longer version is 70% of the initial width and just as long)

hoopsII.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that reminds me there is also a pair of Simon G diamond hoops on eBay or I think there was last week...if you wanted to check them out.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/14/2005 3:29:58 PM
Author: Mara

I personally like larger skinnier hoops so when I am looking I am comparing widths in mm thickness as well as the size of the hoop!
Skinny hoops you say... LINK Yay! 5 cm?!
23.gif
Those could double as a bracelet as far as I am concerned.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ana I love your version. I too like them a little longer and thinner myself.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ana, I do like your version. These are not 1 1/8" long and I guess that is big part of why I feel uneasy about them, considering I was told they were. So, I''m leary. They look nice and sparkly, but for $4600.00 !!

Signed Pieces will be making the next pair. I''ll know the quality.

I''m calling the jeweler in NYC to return them. Hope there are not any problems.

I have traced the size on a piece of paper and of course have lots of pictures, so maybe I can get my ideas to David.

Thanks, all of you. It''s like having a good girl friend tell ya that dress makes you look fat!!! And it be the truth and you''re glad she was honest!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think these came from 5th Ave jewelers right?? You shouldn''t have a problem returning them. I bet the ones from SP will be lovely. Can''t wait to see them.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well to be honest I don''t think that 1" vs 1 1/8" is really that much of a difference, not a difference you''d really see anyway, I just checked it out on the tape measure...so I wouldn''t feel unseasy like they lied to you as 1 and 1 1/8 seems like it''d be pretty much the same. Maybe you want something more like 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 which would be more visible.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
they were from 5th ave. jewelers. I just called and told him I was returning. No problem.

1 1/8" was the minimum I wanted, so being less than that bugs me. I do want around 1 1/4". I working on the right mm for width to tell David at SP.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good for you, Ann. You should always be completely happy with a purchase. I know you will love the new ones.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results