shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help please. Round cut but more facets? What am I looking for?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I have struck out a bunch of times with round brilliants and I think I know why. I don’t like arrows. I want all the scintillation and fire and no black dead space filled with perfectly cut arrows. What kind of cut do I want? What has more facets? OEC? OMC? Another type of round?? Looking for at 2.82-3.5 carats.

Sounds like what you need is a crushed ice round, which I don’t think exists but would solve your problem!

Would you be open to a crushed ice cushion, set in a way that makes it look like a round?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Sounds like what you need is a crushed ice round, which I don’t think exists but would solve your problem!

Would you be open to a crushed ice cushion, set in a way that makes it look like a round?

I had a crushed ice cushion and I’m not sure if it was just a dud but it was so dull and lifeless. I’m open to modified squares. I just want something that never stops sparkling. The well-cut RBs look amazing in low light and sunlight, but indoors they’re just white and blah.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
What about that new Nova by Jann Paul

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
See anything that you like?

1000_F_247226522_eLbqspPQGH4feWS1URQDrtg4rPtsN5es.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Totally drawn to the jubilee and the OEC. Why?

Just giving you a visual aid of some of the different round cuts out there to hopefully help you try and find a cut style that appeals to what you're looking for outside of the RBC.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
People that dislike arrows tend to really like princess cuts.
OEC will be more contrasty than a mrb so not the answer.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally drawn to the jubilee and the OEC. Why?
I’ve recently gotten a jubilee cut (it’s not in diamond so I hope it’s still ok to show). I am utterly in love with its sparkle. I’ve always thought jubilee cuts were amazing when I saw picture of them and they’re so brilliant in person.
I wear it alongside my OEC which holds its own but has a different look again.

Attachments

• IMG_8841.jpeg
    IMG_8841.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8817.jpeg
    IMG_8817.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8837.jpeg
    IMG_8837.jpeg
    122.8 KB · Views: 41

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Just giving you a visual aid of some of the different round cuts out there to hopefully help you try and find a cut style that appeals to what you're looking for outside of the RBC.

Oh no, I meant why do I like them so much!

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
I’ve recently gotten a jubilee cut (it’s not in diamond so I hope it’s still ok to show). I am utterly in love with its sparkle. I’ve always thought jubilee cuts were amazing when I saw picture of them and they’re so brilliant in person.
I wear it alongside my OEC which holds its own but has a different look again.

It’s gorgeous! I just want glitter galore in all lighting. Unfortunately it looks like jubilee isn’t a thing in lab diamonds yet.

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
People that dislike arrows tend to really like princess cuts.
OEC will be more contrasty than a mrb so not the answer.

I just dislike the sharp edges. I love cut corner crushed ice radiants and cushions, but everything I looked at was poorly cut. Not much of a selection for crushed ice.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
foxinsox, you said it's not a diamond. What is your lovely stone?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, my mistake for misunderstanding!

Like I’d ever question
I saw this video (not my diamond) and thought of your post. Agree with @AllAboardTheBlingTrain that a crushed ice type stone might be what you're looking for. They sparkle beautifully throughout if you get the right one. This is not a round, but a pear, and it shows the crushed ice effect on the entire diamond. Is this a look you like?

YES! This is the glitter I want!! Is there any other shape with this effect?? I don’t love pear.

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Like I’d ever question

YES! This is the glitter I want!! Is there any other shape with this effect?? I don’t love pear.

I've definitely seen it in cushions like @AllAboardTheBlingTrain mentioned. I've also seen it in Ovals and Radiants. Will let others chime in if there are any shapes I'm missing. Not everyone is drawn to the crushed iced affect but I personally think it's so beautiful. Totally see why you're drawn to it!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
foxinsox, you said it's not a diamond. What is your lovely stone?

@Ibrakeforpossums its moissanite. I’ve a thread on it and another ring in the Fabulous Fashion Jewellery forum if you’re interested.
I’m just aware we’re not allowed to post moissanite here but I hope it’s ok because I’m only posting it to show the faceting

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous! I just want glitter galore in all lighting. Unfortunately it looks like jubilee isn’t a thing in lab diamonds yet.

You could reach out to some of the vendors who cut both moissanite and lab diamond and see if they would do a custom cut?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also I’ve never liked crushed ice - I’ve always felt like it’s disorganised and not as satisfying to look at.
But I saw a beautifully cut vivid yellow radiant that really made me rethink that. It was a deep pool of glitter and fire. I stood at the shop window and drooled for a good 5 minutes!
So a well cut crushed ice may well be what your heart wants.

I think hearts also come in crushed ice formats, if you prefer that shape! But I think your best bet would be a crushed ice square cushion in a round halo. Or perhaps a really fat oval.

Here’s a pic from Google of that crushed ice cushion idea. The halo could probably be rounded out more if you go custom.

IMG_4606.jpeg

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
I think my oval is considered crushed ice but if not, someone can correct me =)2 I tried to get a video showing it sparkle but my video never look like the stone in real life. The reason I switched to oval was the same reason you’re searching - I wanted something with more sparkle than my round. I’m still keeping my round but putting her into a right hand setting.

I think IG has better video quality so let’s see if this works:

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
This was a crushed ice cushion I got but returned. It was beautiful but only in specific lighting which is why I sent it back.

1696711444997.png
1696711411018.png
1696711382073.png

Oh gosh. This is beautiful. Do you have any pictures of it when it didn't look like this/in bad lighting?

HerefortheBling

Shiny_Rock
Oh gosh. This is beautiful. Do you have any pictures of it when it didn't look like this/in bad lighting?

Yes, here's one inside the house (where I thought it looked the worst), and one in the car. It shined best in low lighting.

1696714515201.png
1696714690814.png

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, here's one inside the house (where I thought it looked the worst), and one in the car. It shined best in low lighting.

1696714515201.png
1696714690814.png
I see the difference now. Thank you for sharing! I wonder, are all crushed ice like this? May be something for OP to consider then?

Runningmama

Shiny_Rock

1696714515201.png
1696714690814.png

Thank you! It’s beautiful but the sparkle is an issue with cushions. This is how my one and only cushion looked and why I didn’t keep it.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Gee, I think it's beautiful all over the place, but if you didn't like it that's the last word. What did you replace it with?
I just bought a super cheap radiant off ebay so I'm wondering what I'm in for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results