shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help picking between two 0.9ct diamonds!

Surturius

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

I need some advice with choosing diamonds. I'm looking at two options for my girlfriend's engagement ring, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out?

These are the two rings' specs:

Diamond #1
0.91 carat
HCA Score: 1.7
E color, VS1, Triple X cut, no culet
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Crown angle: 35, pavilion angle: 40.8
Measurements: 6.22 x 6.18 x 3.83 mm

Diamond #2
0.90 carat
HCA Score: 1.0
F color, VVS2, Triple X cut, no culet
Depth: 59.9%
Table: 59.0%
Girdle: Medium
Crown angle: 33, Pavilion angle: 41
Measurements: 6.30 x 6.27 x 3.77 mm

I'm a bit confused about Diamond #2. It scores really well on the HCA tool, and the measurements make it sound kind of big for a 0.9 carat. Both diamonds are priced within a few hundred dollars of each other, so I'm inclined to go for #2, but I'm just worried there might be something... too good to be true about it. Does anyone see any potential problem with Diamond #2?

I'd really appreciate any expertise on this! Please let me know if there's any other info I can find that would be helpful for deciding... unfortunately I don't have access to any images of the diamonds though (buying online).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Neither.

#2's crown is too low. #1 scores above 2 and you don't have an idealscope picture ability.

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hello Surturius,

To add to what Gypsy pointed out (and I will speak in general terms as I cannot speak to these particular diamonds). You will get a lot more feedback on PriceScope with light performance images (ASET or Ideal-Scope). Always keep in mind that the <2 scores on the HCA indicate that you should research the diamond more (that will typically include light performance images). An ever-increasing number of vendors world-wide are making ASET or IS images available - use them and post the images here for more feedback.

Surturius

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I'm confused - Diamond #1's score is below 2 - it scores a 1.7. Or am I misunderstanding?

Many thanks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Surturius|1449088240|3956523 said:
Sorry, I'm confused - Diamond #1's score is below 2 - it scores a 1.7. Or am I misunderstanding?

Many thanks!

#1 is 1.7? I must have put in the numbers wrong. I didn't see that you listed the HCA score.

#1 then. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results