shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Help picking between 3 rocks - HPD/CBI

deadmanh

Rough_Rock
Long time listener, first time caller..... oh wait, wrong media. I've barely been here, dove into this world cause I need an ER, and I was supposed to propose month's ago..... biological clock is not just ticking it's about to pass me up for the next suitable doner.

Anyhow, I realize I'm not detailed enough to go wade through excellent cuts enough and distinguish them apart. I want a solid choice. I want to upgrade in the future, hence CBI. I'm OK with paying a bit of a premium for peace of mind. Of course I want best bang for my buck but within my budget. So I went on the site and picked the 3 that were within my budget.

I put my eyes on the actual diamonds today..... and I'm still lost. VVS2 compared to VS1: I couldn't tell the difference. Two color grades:E to G, I could barely tell next to one another. And Size I could tell the difference just barely.... So which one should I pick? HELP!

This one is a little outside of my budget.... but who doesn't reach sometimes??? I think it would be nice to upgrade in the future, so I'm less stressed about making the reach now, but I'm open to ideas. When I had taken her to shop for rings with me... she had said a 1.3 was about the right size... This last one, being a 1.5 is bigger.... but what girl doesn't love bigger? (or am I walking into a trap?)

Please nerd out on the available information, I know some of them don't have pictures.
Thanks in advance!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good news is that you cannot go wrong here. These are 3 amazing stones from a wonderful vendor.
I personally wouldn't pay for VVS clarity when VS1 is incredibly clean and no one will be looking at the stone under a microscope in daily life. Similarly, I wouldn't pay more for E vs. G, especially with CBI since they are so well cut that they will look "Brighter" than other stones that are less well cut. Did your GF express a strong preference for an E color, or did she look at G and think it was white?

For most people, G will look very white so it's not necessary to pay more for D/E/F (obviously that's not the case for 100% of people, but most think G is white).

So if it were me, I'd likely pick the G VS1 stone of the 3 you linked. The 1.5 H is amazing as well, but I would want to make sure she is ok with H color, since many people begin to see a "tint" at H (I am not one of them, but just trying to be sensitive to her potential preferences). Did she see an H color stone?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.3G for me...I would skip the E if you couldnt tell much color difference.

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Just get the biggest diameter one. Among your choices, the only difference noticeable by the eye is size (diameter in this case). If two of the biggest are the same size, then get the cheaper.

L

lydial

If the budget stretch isn't painful I personally would get the H 1.5. There is a lot of real estate between 7.04 mm and 7.44 mm - it will be noticeable. It will be amazing. And there will still be room for upgrades in the future. But if she is sentimental and not prone to such things she will already have the solid 1.5 ct.

deadmanh

Rough_Rock
Is there any distinguishable difference in the ASET imaging between the two G's?

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I don’t see how you can make a call on color when 2 of them do not have videos.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results