• 4.08 carat fancy light pink pear

Votes: 33 78.6%
  • 12.5 carat fancy intense yellow radiant

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
hi guys,

I could really use some opinions...if size is not a concern, would you pick a 4 carat fancy light pink pear or a 12.5 carat fancy intense yellow radiant?? Gia certified, similar clarity and cut grades and similarly priced...

To help you with your opinion, I already have a pair of fancy intense yellow in 8.3 ctw.

I'm sooo lost!! Thanks in advance...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Icelover|1315232740|3010022 said:
hi guys,

I could really use some opinions...if size is not a concern, would you pick a 4 carat fancy light pink pear or a 12.5 carat fancy intense yellow radiant?? Gia certified, similar clarity and cut grades and similarly priced...

To help you with your opinion, I already have a pair of fancy intense yellow in 8.3 ctw.

do you have pictures?

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
yes pictures please~

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Pictures please!!! :appl:

do you have pictures?[/quote]

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Guys I don't have pictures...but iv seen the stones. The pink has a delicate blush to it and is very sparkly and the yellow is on the higher side of the intense yellow. Will post a link to my smaller intense yellows so you can get an idea of the color.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icelover|1315232740|3010022 said:
hi guys,

You write, "if size is not a concern" but one is over 3 times the weight of the other.
I think that because of the size, even more so than the color, these will feel like very very different pieces of jewelry.
It's almost like saying, "Ignoring gender, would this man or this woman make a better spouse for me?"
It is just so hard to remove size from the equation.

Just based on what you have presented so far and because you have matching earrings I'd pick the 12.5 Yellow.
Plus I have a suspicion that large intense Yellows will appreciate more than pinks.
I think today's price of pinks is already very high in anticipation of Argyle running dry in a few years.
I've heard Argyle's tender this year (the private annual auction of the best FCDs from Argyle mine) has smaller and lower quality pinks than ever before.
This is resulting in a feeding frenzy of pinks right now that raises prices.

I'd put the yellow into a solitaire ring with no halo since your ring size is 4.5.

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
Kenny, thanks for the patient reply. I was leaning towards the yellow too but I always wanted a pink also. I almost bought one earlier but my jeweler let it slip away as someone else put a higher bid on it :angryfire: and now I have these two options..and this pink is very close to what i was going to get...

Even if the pinks are already highly priced...don't you think they might appreciate further especially if the supply is running low? Since the yellows are not that rare, it could be my next project may be? Or do you see the yellows going up in price faster? From what I hear, the diamond prices are going soft(I don't know if this applies to fancy colors)...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
My vote is the pink since you already have fancy yellow diamonds....

either way- you are very lucky and can't go wrong!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say get the yellow to match your earrings! :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
do you already have a yellow diamond ring (from the other thread?) if so I would get the pink.

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
slg47|1315248527|3010163 said:
do you already have a yellow diamond ring (from the other thread?) if so I would get the pink.

Yes I have a yellow diamond ring :bigsmile: but it is a fancy yellow and not fancy intense and I like the intense better....another option would be to trade that in and that adds to the confusion... :|

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I would get the pink, definitely!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it sounds to me like you really want the pink! it would be my choice as well, if i were so lucky to have such a choice. plus, i think finding a yellow at a later date would be easier than finding another pink you would love (assuming you *love* this pink).

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
what a great dilemma! If it were me I'd pick the pink because I'm pasty...however for you I think the yellow will look smashing with your complexion.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icelover|1315245817|3010136 said:
Even if the pinks are already highly priced...don't you think they might appreciate further especially if the supply is running low? Since the yellows are not that rare, it could be my next project may be? Or do you see the yellows going up in price faster? From what I hear, the diamond prices are going soft(I don't know if this applies to fancy colors)...

Of course pinks will go up.
But since Argyle's demise is widely known NOW prices are already high.

I think colored diamonds, especially in the large sizes you are interested in will hold their value very well and go up, but I read around and I think large yellows (especially IFs and VVS1s) are undervalued now.
Those babies have been FLYING off the shelf at Leibish, where I buy my tiny colored dots.

I'm sure you know this buy you and I must buy at retail and sell at wholesale so do not think of diamonds as short term investments.
Buy them because you love them.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Both, maybe? :devil: :devil:

You obviously can't go wrong with either one- but they sound very different. Since you already have a ring that matches the earrings pretty well, I'd vote for the pink. Especially since I'd suspect beautiful pinks are harder to find, perhaps? Whatever you get, you better post pics here :bigsmile:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
The yellow so that that they match your earrings.

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Get them both.

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
pixgirl|1315273000|3010397 said:
Get them both.

lol.wish i could but i think i will be disowned!!! :roll:

Icelover

Shiny_Rock
update: just closed the deal on the pink...super excited...thanks guys for taking the time out and helping me. should get the ring in 10 days will post loooooots of pictures!!! :love: :love:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Woohoo can't wait to see it :) Pinks are so beautiful!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yayyyyy, I was going to vote for the pink as well! Can't wait to see it!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: I would have chosen the pink too! Can't wait to see it.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Soooo excited to see this ring!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait for pics. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results