shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help picking a diamond this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicrob

Rough_Rock
I am looking to buy an AGS cert. diamond this weekend from a well respected local store. I want to get the best price, but I''m having trouble finding alike diamonds online. I have 3 diamonds I''m looking at. Any help on price or quality appreciated.
Thanks in advance..

All round brilliant!

size .95 .90 .88
depth %58 60.9 ---
table %62.6 57.3 ----
crown angle 34.4 34.2 ---
Pav angle 40.3 41.1 ----
girdle .9-1.4 1.1-2.1 ----
AGS cut grade 3 0 0
fluorescence no no no
polish ideal ideal ideal
symmetry ideal ideal ideal
clarity VS2 SI1 VVS2
color J H J
price 4,500 5,000 3,950

Thanks again...

diamondnovice

Shiny_Rock
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't pick any of them.

It looks like you are trying to stay under $5K for the stone. If that is the case, here are some online diamonds with H or I color and VS1 to VS2 (I couldn't find any good ones with SI1 clarity) clarity diamonds with better cuts than the ones you posted.

Here are a couple of links to better cut diamonds under $5K.
GoodOldGold 0.921ct H VS2
GoodOldGold 0.93 ct H VS2
Whiteflash ACA 0.896ct H VS2
NiceIce 0.91ct I VS1

If you like one of these better, all you have to do is call them and arrange to have them ship it to an appraiser near where you live. Once you and the appraiser review the diamond, if you like it, you buy it ... if you don't, you return it and pay for shipping to/from your appraiser.

Good luck.
wavey.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The H color diamond has a decent rating on the HCA. 2.3, Vg/Vg/Vg/Vg with the comment "Worth buying if the price is right." Definitely no dog, but the price is not good. Can't really comment on the other diamond because there isn't enough information.

You can search by Known Cut Adviser Score here:

http://www.pricescope.com/sift.asp

Just enter your carat weight, color, and clarity. I got a page full of possibles all under $5K.

Here's one that I found very intriguing. A 1.008 ct, J, SI1, Price Scope priced at $3456. Scored 1.3, Ex/Ex/Ex/Ex on the Cut adviser, has a fantastic Ideal Scope and a very clean Cert Plot!

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=AGS-4658909#

You'll find many more diamonds to choose from as well.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results