shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on selecting a better round diamond

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
First I want to say hello to everyone in PS forum
I just try to get an ideal cut, min. 5 ct for my budget about 60k color I or J and clarity SI1,SI2. Don't laugh at me but size is more important than clarity to me. ACA is too expensive.

The below are 2 stones, could you kindly let me know your thoughts and how you think they will perform?
I'm not sure about Faint fluorescence in one of the diamond with Color I. It would be good or bad. Does it cause any Problems /cloudiness oily to this diamond. I read in this Forum someone has stated a diamond with low clarity SI1 will has oily looks. Many people say lower color need to have some fluorescence but I'm worrying bout oil/dull diamonds

The stone #1 HCA 1.7 $61800 and #2 HCA 1.4 $61400

I will ask them to provide other photos if they can, so we can have a better picture of which one is better than other.

I can't wait to see your advice about my selection or help me find a better one. Thank you

_1046.png

_2441.jpeg

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
Here is a photo from their site on #2,I'm feeling this photo was taken at wrong angle or it as is. If so I don't see much of arrows forming on this diamond. It is SI1 with a little less than 11 mm. I'm prefer a diamond bigger than 11mm like #1.
Please give me some advice on how to select a best diamond.

_2445.jpeg

piano

Rough_Rock
If size is matter, then go with #1

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
I like to see if any ps members can find/help me find a better diamond. What's about the "faint" in this diamond? Thanks for your advice

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
4Moonlite|1458442891|4008023 said:
I like to see if any ps members can find/help me find a better diamond. What's about the "faint" in this diamond? Thanks for your advice

Hi - 'faint' fluorescence will not have either a negative (oily/hazy/milky) or positive (improved appearance of colour) affect on the stone at all, so this does not need to be a factor in your decision making process - nor will 'faint' reduce the price like a 'strong' or 'very strong' would.
Hope this helps

pfunk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Honestly, the stones you have listed seem to be fairly priced especially considering the cuts. I'm not seeing much that comes close to that price with the same cut quality. I prefer stone #1 from a cut perspective, but worry about all the crystals and whether they are black and easily seen. In an SI2 5 carat stone I'd be worried those inclusions will be easy to spot. Regarding size, I personally dont see the need to get to 11mm and worry about differences of .1mm. That is a very small difference in a stone that size. Finally, I wouldn't be concerned about faint fluorescence. The oily milky appearance happens in a small number of stones with stronger fluoro (stong or very strong with medium causing problems more rarely). I could try to recommend some stones, but it is going to be hard for us to say much considering we'd mostly be going off just reports and no images. That is hard to do when you are looking at SI clarity with that large of a stone.

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
ADN|1458445461|4008033 said:
4Moonlite|1458442891|4008023 said:

Hi - 'faint' fluorescence will not have either a negative (oily/hazy/milky) or positive (improved appearance of colour) affect on the stone at all, so this does not need to be a factor in your decision making process - nor will 'faint' reduce the price like a 'strong' or 'very strong' would.
Hope this helps
Thank you for your advice that makes me feel better about my decision in the future. I'm focusing in cut instead of this fluorescence. I guess many people prefer to see None fluorescence in certificate.

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
pfunk|1458446366|4008038 said:
Honestly, the stones you have listed seem to be fairly priced especially considering the cuts. I'm not seeing much that comes close to that price with the same cut quality. I prefer stone #1 from a cut perspective, but worry about all the crystals and whether they are black and easily seen. In an SI2 5 carat stone I'd be worried those inclusions will be easy to spot. Regarding size, I personally dont see the need to get to 11mm and worry about differences of .1mm. That is a very small difference in a stone that size. Finally, I wouldn't be concerned about faint fluorescence. The oily milky appearance happens in a small number of stones with stronger fluoro (stong or very strong with medium causing problems more rarely). I could try to recommend some stones, but it is going to be hard for us to say much considering we'd mostly be going off just reports and no images. That is hard to do when you are looking at SI clarity with that large of a stone.
Thank you so much for your time to write about all the points that I'm not sure/clear. I'm new to this subject and try to learn as much as I can. But when I decide to pick out a diamond to buy I'm so nervous and don't want to make a bad mistake. I'm so happy that you answer my questions clearly.
I'm waiting for other diamonds that you can find to compare in order for me making a decision.
I'm appreciated if PS members can find a better one for me.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen either of the stones you have posted in real life? I don't really find anything better in that size range with your budget. Does it have to be a five carat stone?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd prefer stone #2 since it is a 5ct and I'll go with the higher clarity, plus I like the proportions on stone #2 over #1.

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
MissGotRocks|1458503996|4008462 said:
Have you seen either of the stones you have posted in real life? I don't really find anything better in that size range with your budget. Does it have to be a five carat stone?
I didn't see them in person. I'll ask them to provide some photos. Yes I love to have 5 carat that's my first priority. Thanks for your time to look at other diamonds.

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire|1458506430|4008496 said:
I'd prefer stone #2 since it is a 5ct and I'll go with the higher clarity, plus I like the proportions on stone #2 over #1.
Can you tell me in more detail why you see the proportion on stone #2 is better than #1. To me I'm thinking #2 is better because it has lower HCA 1.4 ex ex ex vg, stone#1 has HCA 1.7 vg ex ex vg.
Thanks for your suggestion and your advice

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Moonlite|1458524825|4008712 said:
canuk-gal|1458521259|4008642 said:
HI:

Does it have to be a modern round brilliant?

Just under your carat weight mark--and not 11mm

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/3-01-ct-and-up/4-93ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs1#.Vu9E8Y-cGUk

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon for the link, that diamond is so beautiful, however I like a traditional round brilliant diamond. I took my time to look around that site and didn't see much RB in my range.

My pleasure. Incidentally, working with one vendor might be beneficial to you.

You might try contacting ID jewelry. Give them your budget/parameters and see what they can find. Many happy people here who've purchsed from them, including myself!

https://www.pricescope.com/dealer/id_jewelry

cheers--Sharon

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
What's about this #3 score the same #3 HCA 1.4 with I SI1 but have medium blue fluorescence. Photo of diamond #3 is better than #2
Please share your thoughts on this #3 about flour?

_2495.jpeg

_2496.jpeg

4Moonlite

Rough_Rock
canuk-gal|1458525835|4008721 said:
4Moonlite|1458524825|4008712 said:
canuk-gal|1458521259|4008642 said:
HI:

Does it have to be a modern round brilliant?

Just under your carat weight mark--and not 11mm

http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/3-01-ct-and-up/4-93ct-old-european-cut-diamond-gia-j-vs1#.Vu9E8Y-cGUk

cheers--Sharon

Thanks Sharon for the link, that diamond is so beautiful, however I like a traditional round brilliant diamond. I took my time to look around that site and didn't see much RB in my range.

My pleasure. Incidentally, working with one vendor might be beneficial to you.

You might try contacting ID jewelry. Give them your budget/parameters and see what they can find. Many happy people here who've purchsed from them, including myself!

https://www.pricescope.com/dealer/id_jewelry

cheers--Sharon
If I can't find a good one in couple weeks I will contact them. Again Thanks for your suggestion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results