shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on price of diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newbie98

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hello members,

Can you help me on the price of the following loose diamond:

Princess Cut
1.01 carat
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Total Depth: 74.2%
Table Size: 74%
Girdle: Thick to Very Thick
Culet: None
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Fluorescence: None

I''ve been doing research on this wonderful site for almost a month now, and I know that w/o the crown size it may be hard to pinpoint the price. I do however have a guessimate in my mind which is about 5-7% less than what I was quoted.

So if you can help me by posting the fair market price for this diamond to confirm, reject the price I had in mind.

Thanks!
1.gif

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
The problem is we do not know the cut grade of the stone.

Depending on the cut, it can range from 3.8k to 7k.

newbie98

Rough_Rock
Trade
isn''t the cut grade based on the table, depth, and crown percentage? I don''t think it''s an ideal as that table is 62-68%

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/15/2009 9:00:48 AM
Author: newbie98
isn''t the cut grade based on the table, depth, and crown percentage? I don''t think it''s an ideal as that table is 62-68%

Nope, that is the simplified cut grade developed by AGA. Actual princess cut are more complicated.

newbie98

Rough_Rock
Trade
The dealer said it was "Ideal Cut", but not "Signature Ideal Cut". Does that help any? Thanks!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Blue Nile stone.

newbie98

Rough_Rock
Trade
No. It''s not a bluenile stone. How about tell me what a ideal cut and a very good cut of those specs would cost?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 9:25:10 AM
No. It's not a bluenile stone. How about tell me what a ideal cut and a very good cut of those specs would cost?
Hi Newbie,

Firstly does this diamond have a GIA report? This is essential to know in order to compare prices.

If you use the search tool Pricescope your Diamond above, enter the specs of similar then it will bring up diamonds for you as a comparison, various factors can affect pricing so it is really difficult to pin point an exact price, what you can get is a price range only really.

Also do not go by vendor applied labels such as Ideal Cut, Premium Cut etc, these terms can be used rather loosely and are no guarantee of a well cut diamond, the only meaningful use of the term Ideal Cut pertains to AGS 0 cut grade.

newbie98

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yep. It does. The specs info posted was from the GIA report.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/15/2009 11:09:41 AM
Yep. It does. The specs info posted was from the GIA report.
Ok, then you should be able to find the prices of similar using the seach tool but bear the following factors in mind when comparing online prices....

You are also buying the services offered by some of the vendors and these can vary. Some have in house diamonds with all the analysis done such as photos, Idealscope and ASET images, and also offer buy back and upgrade policies. These vendors may rightfully charge extra for these diamonds which include all these benefits rather than someone who just drop ships a diamond and never sees it. So make sure you are factoring in the services which may be of benefit to you in the future when comparing prices.

Also with Princess it is really not possible to get a feel for how wel cut the diamond is without ASET images and photos, so if you can work with a vendor who has in house diamonds and can supply these images as above in order for you to find a beautiful Princess. The diamond you originally asked about does not appear to be of top cut quality as far as I can tell, also the diameter measurement is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results