shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on PEAR SETTING!!!

mlee980

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, I need help in selecting a setting for my diamond. It is a 3ct pear and I've been in touch with one of the vendors and they are just awaiting for my decision. I like a low key look and want the diamond to not appear too flashy, if you know what I mean. I'm open to anything just about now, however, my budget is only $1,000, so it's very challenging. I'm a long time lurker here and not too many posts, so please do what you guys do best and HELP me. Thanks!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
what about a simple solitaire? or a bezel solitaire to highlight the pear shape?

mlee980

Rough_Rock
I'm also considering a solitaire and a pave shank, but still undecided. I've looked online, through threads, and still have not made up my mind. Would a 3mm shank be too dainty for the diamond?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
no I don't think of 3 mm as dainty. I think 3 mm is a nice size, substantial but not dainty. do you have any pictures of the diamond?

mlee980

Rough_Rock
I do have pictures but having a hard time posting it right now. Hopefully tomorrow I could post it. I'm on my last string of patience and tired of dreaming about how the final ring would look like. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm trying to stay away from the "alien spaceship" look. I don't want it to look like it's just sitting on the shank.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results