shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help on new engagement band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jjjul

Rough_Rock
My fiance bought this band just to have one for the diamond and he said I can pick out the engagement band I want. I''ve looked all over the internet and in jewelry stores for pictures to get ideas but I seem to keep finding the same designs. Does anyone have any ideas for an engagement band my diamond will look good with? It''s 2.42 tcw, G color, VS 2 Princess cut. I''m so tired of looking on my own, I need some help please!
14.gif

no 041.JPG

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mean wedding band?

jjjul

Rough_Rock
No, my fiance bought this engagement ring as a temporary ring so I could pick out the one I like. I''m just having such a hard time finding unique ones. Most of the stores and websites I''ve searched have pretty similar styles and I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any "secret" unique jewelry stores I can check out. I''m getting exhausted seeing the same designs.
24.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have always had good experiences with rings from here. Some very beautiful rings for a princess cut diamond.

Firenze Jewels

ajourklaus

Rough_Rock
jjjul''

Try to find a jeweler that works with you and helps you with the design process. That''s what a good professional is here for. Any merchant can sell a ring, the real jeweler helps you to make your special ring!

Preferably an outfit with CAD capability. What you get this way is: you can see your finished ring in photo quality before the guy starts the work in metal, so you can change until the ring is perfect.

Very cool and satisfying way of creating your ring.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/9/2009 9:03:16 AM
Author: ajourklaus

Try to find a jeweler that works with you and helps you with the design process. That's what a good professional is here for. Any merchant can sell a ring, the real jeweler helps you to make your special ring!

Preferably an outfit with CAD capability. What you get this way is: you can see your finished ring in photo quality before the guy starts the work in metal, so you can change until the ring is perfect.

Very cool and satisfying way of creating your ring.
I'm blown away by the latest developments in CAD (and 3D printing). I just returned from Polygon Conclave in Atlanta and Mike Gerwig presented a demo of the newest Matrix design software from Gemvision... A good operator can sit with a client and, in real-time, get through 10 detailed iterations of a complex piece in about 10 minutes. The rendering engines are starting to get spooky-good. On a casual glance it's hard to tell computer-projections of how a piece will look from the real McCoy.

Good old hand-design and crafting will never go out of fashion, but I do like the "cool" factor of CAD.

quick_render_gemvision.jpg

ajourklaus

Rough_Rock
Agree John,

coming form the bench I appreciate good old craftsmanship. What CAD did to me is: ... I grew a tired arm!
2.gif

Cool stuff.

Be careful though. The ten minutes CAD demonstrations on shows are usually prepared trained show pieces to impress. Unique and very different pieces can take hours on the computer.

I find the CAD system not so much a time saver but an awesome communication tool.
I can now show the customer exactly what I have in my head. The trick is to get into the customers head and find out exactly what''s in their head and later translate it with style and some personal touches into a super unique piece.

CAD is already a big part of the industry.

In combination with old school it is unbeatable, love it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results